Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Heater issues anyone?

Old 12-06-2008, 11:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater issues anyone?

I think my heater is going on my 08 X. Yesterday on the way home from work the heater started making a 'grinding' noise, then sounded normal, then grinding. The temps have been a low of 15 and high 28 degrees F. This started after it was warm - I have a 30 minute drive and was about 5 minutes from home. Today it was the same way. I guess I need to call the dealership. Anyone else have any heater problems?
Old 12-06-2008, 11:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get a noise when switching from floor to dash, I can switch back and forth and it goes away
Old 12-06-2008, 01:14 PM
JK Newbie

No problems yet, in fact mine is too hot....it was about 15 deg the other night and i had to turn the heat down cuz i was roasting...I would get to the dealership and let them fix it under warranty.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was gonna say too hot as well.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

It is possible leaves or something could have got sucked into the blower. My CJ did that a few weeks ago, I was driving and grind grind crunch crunch. I quit after a minute and started again after I hit a bump. Then a minutes later is stop and hasn't done it since. It sounded awful and it turned out to be just leaves.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cucmd1
I was gonna say too hot as well.
I disagree. Living in a colder climate with the uninsulated top, the crazy hot heater is much appreciated !
Old 12-07-2008, 06:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like said before, my only problem is the fact that you can get 3rd degree burns form the heater.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:07 AM
JK Newbie

The temperature isn't the problem, it is definitely hot enough, just the grinding sound, now today it didn't do it, there are no leaves falling here. That was first thing I thought of is something got stuck.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My blower sometimes squeaks on the second speed setting... Quiet elsewhere. I'm not concerned as it is warrantied until Hell freezes over. Inasmuch as the blower is not sound isolated very well, I'm not surprised that I hear the squeak. This wasn't my only "noise" from the dash area.

I had a buzz in the driver-side A pillar due to Jeep overtightening the trim screw during build. It stripped out the plastic and wasn't holding the trim tight. I replaced the screw with one slightly larger in diameter. This tightened up the trim and stopped the buzz.

My regards,

Widewing
Old 12-07-2008, 09:18 AM
JK Freak

Everything is working fine in mine. Except for a fluttering noise coming from the driver panel vent. I can't get my hand far enough in there to see if there's a tag or something blowing around.

Oh well... I just turn the radio up higher.

Quick Reply: Heater issues anyone?