Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Heated Seat question

Old 07-03-2012, 05:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have found that my fuse box in the engine bay has a yellow 20 amp fuse in spot M8. M8 is the front heated seats fuse.
So the seats have the heating elements and wires plugged into something and the fuse box has a fuse so I assume it's wired for heated seats. I just need to figure out if there is a controller and order a new switch panel with the heated seat buttons.
I guess I will have to go to the Jeep dealer and bug the parts department about heated seat parts and locations. Hopefully they can point me in the direction of a controller and order the new switch panel.
If anyone has access to the factory manual with wiring diagrams, please chime in.
My Jeep has the freaking engine block heater option but no heated seats??? WTF!
Old 07-03-2012, 08:06 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I put Heated seats in my JKU when I converted the seats to the 12 model. I used aftermarket seat heaters because I wanted the two-way switch on my center console. It was easy and they work great.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:40 AM
JK Newbie

I want to retain the stock OEM look and feel.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:40 AM
JK Newbie

Can someone take a look and see if there is a heated seat controller.
Thanks.

Quick Reply: Heated Seat question