Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Heat

Old 11-29-2006, 08:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heat

I just picked up my 2Door Rubicon last night. This is my first 4X4 ever. Every one I talked to told me not to get a Wrangler because I would freeze. Well it was -28C when I drove to work this morning and this thing could melt my boots.

My last car would just approach "kind of warm" in this weather so I am very happy.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:56 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yup, the heater works great!

I live in Western NY (snow belt) and it does get cold here so i was concerned with this too, but it heats up fast inside. I am still thinking the dual top option would have been better for the winter months here, but i think the heat will be just fine, i am only concerned now about deep snow on my soft top. :confused:
Old 11-29-2006, 09:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
yup, the heater works great!

I live in Western NY (snow belt) and it does get cold here so i was concerned with this too, but it heats up fast inside. I am still thinking the dual top option would have been better for the winter months here, but i think the heat will be just fine, i am only concerned now about deep snow on my soft top. :confused:

That's good to hear.

We're ordering the 2 piece hardtop from Bestop but we'll probably have to wait for it. I'm hoping the added insulation they use will also help hold the heat in.

Does it do a good job of pushing the air around the entire cabin?

Beel
Old 11-29-2006, 03:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BeerMonkey
the heat in these is f'n crazy. i think it could burn me if i held my hand by the vent. my jeeps keep getting better and better heat. my YJ had basicly no heat execpt for what came off the v8 and mt TJ got a little better but still chilly on those 0 degree mornings and now this, and it warms up so quick
Wow, a V8 YJ. What did yo put in it?

My YJ had a great heater. I haven't had to use it yet in the JK, but if its anything like the YJ's then I'm not too worried.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:42 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Beel_MT
That's good to hear.

We're ordering the 2 piece hardtop from Bestop but we'll probably have to wait for it. I'm hoping the added insulation they use will also help hold the heat in.

Does it do a good job of pushing the air around the entire cabin?

Beel
Yes it does. The fan really pumps out the air & those big round vents have unlimited adjustability to point the heat anywhere you want it. I point the center two so they shoot right straight back between the seats & it gets warm back there FAST. My 7mo. old daughter sits back there, and if it wasnt warm she wouldnt be in it.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by MikeM
I just picked up my 2Door Rubicon last night. This is my first 4X4 ever. Every one I talked to told me not to get a Wrangler because I would freeze. Well it was -28C when I drove to work this morning and this thing could melt my boots.

My last car would just approach "kind of warm" in this weather so I am very happy.
It's funny people still say this about the heaters.....They probably say the same thing about the old VW Bug.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:01 PM
JK Newbie

my heater works great!! it was 5 DEG. F the other morning. and i had to shut the heat off half way to work. I live 3 miles from my job. I had a 95 yj before this and its heater worked great to. I dont know why people think the heaters suck in jeeps.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:08 PM
JK Freak

I have a problem with my heater. Maybe its something clogging the vent or something but I have the top off a lot here in south florida but sometimes at night you need a little heat on the feet (i only wear flip flops) to be able to stand it. The heater works great dont get me wrong but the floor vents are WAY off. My girlfriend was complaining that her shoes were about to melt and mine felt just fine. I just kinda wrote it off as "ah she's a woman" hehe but it wasnt until later when we... uh... i mean I was in the passenger seat that i noticed she was right. It honest to god felt like my the carpet and my pants were about to combust it was so hot. Back to my side and it was fine, just normal heat. Any sudjestions? I havent really looked at it, i kinda forgot about it until now. Is there a vent down there that can be manualy opened and closed? Maybe the drivers side is mostly closed and passenger is full open?
Old 12-03-2006, 11:38 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will have to check that out too.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:41 AM
JK Newbie

The heat thing is a myth i think. Every jeep I owned 69 cj hard top, 2005 Tj soft top, and 07 soft top all had plenty of heat.

Quick Reply: Heat