Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

have you had your jk broken in to?

Old 05-25-2011, 07:58 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine was broken into about 3 weeks ago by a kid. He cut the window out and crawled in the back seat. Rummaged through all me shit while smoking several cigarettes and dumped some cheap ass Cologne (not mine) all over the inside. He left his pack of Kools and empty Cologne bottle in the front seat. Didn't steal anything. Police came and lifted his finger prints off the bottle but told me he was a kid so the chances of catching him were very slim.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:11 AM
JK Freak

As I'm re-reading this again, I think it's time to invest in an under seat lock box too.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:20 AM
JK Super Freak

I don't know who is doing it, but someone at work is breaking into my jeep every day and busting ass, then closing up the jeep and leaving it to bake. Then I come out and my jeep smells like ass! I know this is true, cause there is no way my farts could have lingered in there for 10 hours. It would seem my YES Essentials fabric is an utter failure.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by finnd1
I don't know who is doing it, but someone at work is breaking into my jeep every day and busting ass, then closing up the jeep and leaving it to bake. Then I come out and my jeep smells like ass! I know this is true, cause there is no way my farts could have lingered in there for 10 hours. It would seem my YES Essentials fabric is an utter failure.

Same thing happens to me daily! Holy crap, that's good stuff right there.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:25 PM
JK Freak

some assclown broke into my old yj by getting up on the spare tire and cutting a massive hole in the top of the top to drop down thru. thing is my 89 had NO DOOR LOCKS!!!!! it didn't even have a key cylinder in the doors. had one on the gate but, not the doors.

guy stole my used nike sandals, 2 6x9 speakers from under the front seats, my amp from under the back seat.
I had the face off my radio and that pissed them off, so they took a knife or something and stabbed the crap out of it, so it never worked again.

I almost never lock the doors on the JK.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing worse than a thief

Nothing taken from me thus far, although its only been 4 months
Old 05-25-2011, 02:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm worried about that one day that might come where my jk gets broken into and they take my MBP and glock while I'm in a movie or something
Old 05-25-2011, 02:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jred321
I go with the don't lock doors approach. If they want in with a soft top they're getting in. Not locking the doors at least makes it so your top is unharmed.

Someone broke into mine a few weeks ago. Broke the lock on my glovebox, looked around but didn't steal anything. They stole the cover from my motorcycle which I park in front of the jeep. This past weekend I installed my Tuffy glove box. On the plus side it gave me an excuse to upgrade
EXACT same thing happened to me a couple months ago. Actually I take that back they stole a 50 ft piece of rope, but left my carhart and two other jackets alone. It was broad daylight in my work parking lot. I got them on video but its only enough to make out the truck, no plates or descriptions. I just don't get ppl like that.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I recently put a note in my cup holder. It reads:

"To the thief:

Hear that alarm? Me too. I've called the police. There is a $20 bill and an ipod in the center console. You have roughly 30- seconds before you'll see me come full sprint around the corner wielding something that will hurt you severely. Please don't be in my jeep when I get to it.

GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS YOU... 20-SECONDS..."

I figure they won't be in there long enough to do much damage. I leave the doors unlocked. My two way alarm is always set though.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sure did! They cut the rear driver plastic window and then realized could unzip them. Took my eclipse cd player and radar detector. Went and bought a viper python alarm system with motion sensor the day after. You won't get 1 foot from my windows without the alarm warning you before it goes off. My jeep will never be broken into again! It's been 3 years now....

Quick Reply: have you had your jk broken in to?