Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

have you had your jk broken in to?

Old 05-24-2011, 09:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry have you had your jk broken in to?

some Ahole tore a hole on the passenger side window before opening the zipper on the gate and climbed in. He stole my son's dvd player my utility knife and my old ipod.. some people really suck!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0233.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	164346  
Old 05-24-2011, 09:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tury
some Ahole tore a hole on the passenger side window before opening the zipper on the gate and climbed in. He stole my son's dvd player my utility knife and my old ipod.. some people really suck!!!
aww man that just sucks!! thats the only reason why I keep my hardtop on.. can`t even thrust people from ur own town..
Old 05-24-2011, 09:53 PM
JK Junkie

I always have to have my doors and top on when I am at work because of the location, then I take the doors off when I am off. I noticed on my co-workers Jeep that the lock on the passenger door looked like someone took a screwdriver to it. He said someone tried to break in DURING THE DAY (I work overnights). It definately didn't make me happy because sometimes I leave her in the work parking lot when I travel and leave from the airport. Guess I won't do that anymore.

Sorry that happened to you
Old 05-24-2011, 10:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear that Tury.

I had a homeless person sleep in mine not long after I bought it.
I had the doors and roof off, and he snook into our apartment complex garage in the middle of the night and used my Jeep as a motel. Luckily I'd just put my seat covers on a week or so earlier. The cheeky bugger helped himself to some mints while he was there and took a deuce next to my back wheel. I'm thankful he didn't do it IN the Jeep.
These days I fold and lock the back seat up with a bike lock until I need it. The only other guest I've had in the Jeep Motel is a cat that likes to sleep under my front seat. He jumps out whenever I start the engine.

Back on topic, a good friend and Jeep owner gave me some good advice. He told me to never lock my doors and always leave two or three dollars in the cup holder. That way a thief will always have something to steal and is less likely to cause damage in frustration.
As well as the dollars, I also keep a cheap 15 dollar pair of sunglasses (my 'Jeep Shades') in the vehicle. I wear these for driving and if some mofo feels the need to steal them it's not a big loss. I'll just pick up another pair from Target the next time I'm in there! I haven't had a pair stolen yet.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:45 AM
JK Freak

I've also heard to leave the doors unlocked. Luckily I haven't had anyone break in but it does scare me. I carry my EMS gear, tools and other stuff with me at all times.

I just sold my roof rack, because we're moving to Oregon where it rains all the time and I bought a low profile black cargo pod. My hubby is going to fabricate some brackets to tuck it between the bars of my Congo cage so it will sit low. I'm going to put my gear up there and lock it. That way, I'll always have it, it will be dry and locked.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:16 AM
JK Freak

That really sucks!

Be sure to check with your insurance company about leaving the doors unlocked. Some will not provide coverage.

Also, might be worthwhile to consider a $0 deductible. It doesn't cost that much more per year.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:25 AM
JK Jedi

I have had my JK broken a few times and a few things went missing like, my kid's headrest mount DVD players, Ipod and one time a turd bag stole my kids freak'in car seat...Who TF steals a kids car seat??? Lucky thing, no damaged as they used a slim jim both times.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tury
lucky you.

they broke into my jeep in Newport Beach and stole, a set of (4) craftsman hand tools, g/f's gps, laptop, cb radio, air compressor, staun tire deflators, and about $400 in misc. tools that were also in my jeep.

then later i find out they went thru my storage unit to raid ALL of my camping gear.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:16 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Pluke the 2
lucky you.

they broke into my jeep in Newport Beach and stole, a set of (4) craftsman hand tools, g/f's gps, laptop, cb radio, air compressor, staun tire deflators, and about $400 in misc. tools that were also in my jeep.

then later i find out they went thru my storage unit to raid ALL of my camping gear.
Man that sucks!! I work in NPB and had some cds stolen in the summer.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:51 AM
JK Newbie

I go with the don't lock doors approach. If they want in with a soft top they're getting in. Not locking the doors at least makes it so your top is unharmed.

Someone broke into mine a few weeks ago. Broke the lock on my glovebox, looked around but didn't steal anything. They stole the cover from my motorcycle which I park in front of the jeep. This past weekend I installed my Tuffy glove box. On the plus side it gave me an excuse to upgrade

Quick Reply: have you had your jk broken in to?