Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

have a problem i think

Old 04-21-2009, 05:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question have a problem i think

ok so i was talking with my dad yesterday and i told him how can i make a quick 1600 witch is what it would cost to do my gears after talking for a little while and explaining to him what changing the gears was going to do he said he would loan me the money. i then kind of ignored him because i hate borrowing money and asked him again how can i make a quick 1600 bucks. and he said i can always loan you the money. what do you guys think i should do.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:21 PM
JK Newbie

ask him if I can borrow some too Homestly, I know how you feel. I hate to borrow money from the folks. if you have a way to pay him back in a descent time frame I say do it
Old 04-21-2009, 05:22 PM
JK Super Freak

i can totally pay him back in like 3 weeks if not less it's just a lot for me to shell out all at once right now seeing how dave from northern has my money from my frond drive shaft and rear tire carrier .
Old 04-21-2009, 05:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wait three weeks and do it on your own.

Parents like to help....but I like to help myself. if you had no other choice...take the money and mod away
Old 04-21-2009, 05:30 PM
JK Freak

I am not a fan of borrowing money unless it is really an emergency. If you can afford it in 3 weeks, just wait
Old 04-21-2009, 08:15 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wouldn't you loan your kid money? Take it, get your gears done and after you pay Dad back, buy him a big ole steak.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

People do things for you because they like you. Often it's the only real way they can let you know how much they care. Let him help you out. You're not stealing it from him or anything and he's getting it back in under a month. Then of course take that good fella out on the trails and as mkjeep said, buy him a big ole steak on the way home. Wish my dad was still around, he would've enjoyed it.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Cesar
wait three weeks and do it on your own.

Parents like to help....but I like to help myself. if you had no other choice...take the money and mod away
Yea, have a little pride and just wait a few weeks. Suck it up and borrow $ from parents when you really need it.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:47 AM
JK Junkie

i would borrow money if my home was going to be foreclosed on due to a loss of emplyment or something... not for jeep parts... just set some from the paychecks aside each pay period and do it that way. Gears are not a critical and immediately necessary component in my opinion. If you broke an axle, blew the motor, or shredded a hub... that would warrant immediate attention.

Good luck!
Old 04-22-2009, 06:05 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with most of the answers, however it seems like for your dad is not a big deal, if you get the money and pay it back soon as you say you can do, that would build more trust from your dad, it would also make him feel good, if its not a big deal I say go for it

Quick Reply: have a problem i think