Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Hats off to Haynes Jeep

Old 10-01-2007, 10:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hats off to Haynes Jeep

Took my JK in for some problems, Haynes Jeep in Richmond, VA repaired all and not a bit of grief over it. The following were repaired;

- Passenger seat cloth was coming apart. Replaced seat
- Wind noise from windsheild. Replaced seal at top of windsheild.
- Speaker rattle on sound bar. Added insulation to sound bar.

All in all, second Jeep purchased from this dealership and nothing but good things to say about them, I guess we should recognize the good sometimes, not just the bad.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:34 AM
JK Newbie

It's great to hear that because that's where I placed my order for my X, which was scheduled to ship 9/29/07. I need to contact Bill there and see if he can tell me if it's shipped yet, think I'll do that today. I decided to purchase there because Bill didn't put any pressure on me and was very helpful, anything I asked about the vehicle, if he didn't know it, he would take the time to go find out from someone inside. No BSing from him and that's what I like.

Did you see the guy's JK that works in the shop when you were there? It's got a lift and a few other things done to it also.

I asked Bill if they'd install a lift and still cover the lifetime warranty and he said yes, so I'll probably have them install it when I'm ready to have one done.

I've already got a 5.5 hour road trip lined up when it comes in.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:55 AM
JK Newbie

good to know, i'll keep them in mind if i run into any issues and/or break anything on my jk
Old 10-02-2007, 03:16 PM
JK Newbie

Talked with Bill today......seems my vehicle is loaded on a truck and coming this way!! They shipped it yesterday and Bill thinks it should arrive on Friday...but I'm thinking earlier since Ohio isn't that far from Virginia and knowing how truck drivers run.
Got my license plate picked out...just waiting to sign the paperwork and drive off with it. First project is to paint my trailer to match my vehicle. Next will be to hook up the boat trailer to it and get a nice shot of the combo to post up.

Was planning on going fishing Friday thru Sunday on the river but if my vehicle shows up....might have to put a hold on the fishin' for at least 1 day!!!
Old 10-04-2007, 11:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by River Lizard
Talked with Bill today......seems my vehicle is loaded on a truck and coming this way!! They shipped it yesterday and Bill thinks it should arrive on Friday...but I'm thinking earlier since Ohio isn't that far from Virginia and knowing how truck drivers run.
Got my license plate picked out...just waiting to sign the paperwork and drive off with it. First project is to paint my trailer to match my vehicle. Next will be to hook up the boat trailer to it and get a nice shot of the combo to post up.

Was planning on going fishing Friday thru Sunday on the river but if my vehicle shows up....might have to put a hold on the fishin' for at least 1 day!!!
Hey River Lizard, what kind of boat are you pulling? I have a 17 foot Bass Tracker with a 50 on it. JK pulls it with no problem, I do have the tow package on mine.
On Haynes, I did see the lift and tire package they have. I was told the same thing, it will not void your warranty but you have to take it there for suspension issues. No other dealer will honor the warranty with the lift Haynes installs. The 35's and the AEV Pintlers will look very nice, I just don't have 3500 to drop on it right now. Maybe I'll see you on the river.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:20 PM
JK Newbie

I've got a 17' Fisher Hawk 3V w/40 Merc You can't miss it........since it's got my nick name on the sides. I usually fish out of Deep Bottom but once in awhile I hit Osborne. Right now I'm heavy into catfish and doing some night fishing. Was planning on going out Friday afternoon and staying until Sunday at noon but since my vehicle is ready I probably won't be going out until Saturday afternoon some time.
I hang out between Deep Bottom and Hopewell mostly....when I'm not there, I'm usually in the Sandpit area by Deep Bottom either taking a break from fishing or cooking on my Coleman Stove.

Look me up if you're on the river this weekend.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:54 PM
JK Newbie

Figured this shot would say it all.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:57 PM
JK Freak

Haynes is a great dealership. I have purchased 4 or 5 Jeeps from them over the years. I think Ron West still works there. Great guy to work with!!
Old 10-07-2007, 05:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Pwermker, can you post pics of the seal that they replaced on the front windshield? I recently developed a sudden noise on the right front corner where the soft top meets the frame and can't figure out how to get it to stop howling.

Thanx!!!
Old 10-09-2007, 02:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KrasnayaZnamya
Pwermker, can you post pics of the seal that they replaced on the front windshield? I recently developed a sudden noise on the right front corner where the soft top meets the frame and can't figure out how to get it to stop howling.

Thanx!!!
I apologize for the slow response but I am at work and have to go out of town for the next three days. I didn't look at the seal but know the wind noise is gone. Haynes just told me they replaced it with an aftermarket seal. I will be back in town on the 14th and can get you a pic then.

Quick Reply: Hats off to Haynes Jeep