Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

It has to be said

Old 12-17-2008, 06:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It has to be said

This post might get long but I must get it off my chest.

First off this is about my wife's 2009 Sunburst Sahara Unlimited JK.
My wife surprised the heck out of me when we test drove the Jeep and she said I want it, (I thought we would test drive it as a joke). She was driving an 04 Audi A4 Quattro before, and was set on the 09 Audi A4 real bad. When she said I want the jeep, all I could think about was saving 30,000 big ones compared to the A4.

Now the reason for my first post, must say I have spent hours on here reading and love all the great ideas and info, thanks to all. Ok here it is, my wife and I got off work last night and it had just snowed when she said you drive the jeep home. Well heck yeah time to test this baby out.

I grew up driving in harsh winters and have had a slew of comparables so this was not going to be an easy test for the jeep. I presently drive an 08 Escalade, and have had the likes of LR Range Rovers, LR Discovery, Audi Quattro's, Volvo's just to name a few AWD/4x4 I have experienced.

Well I will just come out and say it. The jeep not only being 30-50K less than my comparables put them all to shame. I would even say better than all of them put together. This Jeep thing is no joke! I didn't even really believe what was going on, and decided that the snow covered roads must not be as bad as they look. So I put the jeep back in 2wd for all of 30 seconds to find out that it was really bad and that the 4wd in the jeep was for real.

Everyone I flew by on the highway and two lane back roads must of thought I was nuts, but only if they knew about this Jeep thing. My only complaint is that it makes the handling of 60K SUV look like childs play and makes me wonder what I am paying for in the Cadi. OK I know the Escalades ride is refined and has all the comfort of my leather couch and more. But when it comes down to the driving experience can one say "Jeep Baby!!!".

I must say it has not taken me long to become a big fan. Just hate that is has taken me this long to figure it out and give jeep a try. Enjoy the holidays and be safe.

PS. Almost forgot, my wife is all smiles and it's so funny when she says, "wait here comes a jeep, I have to get ready to wave". Please folks keep this class act tradition alive, it's great.

Last edited by J.Ro; 12-21-2008 at 02:56 PM.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Sounds like you have found a winner, I hope to get mine in some snow soon! Welcome to the forum and great first post!
Old 12-17-2008, 08:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Welcome aboard. I was the same way, as Ive always owned dodge rams, and downgraded (actually upgraded) to the jeep, and fell in love with how great the thing is, and how fun it is in the summer (never owned a convertable before, let alone no doors or windshield either ). Def gonna continue getting jeeps for as long as I can.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:23 PM
JK Freak

welcome to the club. It only gets worse from here on in. Although if you do anything at all, just take a ride once with no doors and no tops. Every jeep owner should experience that atleast once. Personally next year I am getting half doors to go with my rag top. alot easier to take off and store just in case.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Great first post! Welcome!
Old 12-17-2008, 08:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Welcome to the forum...

Just think with all the money that your saving, you can use for some very nice mods for the jeep..
Old 12-17-2008, 08:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am inspired. I had my first, second, jeeps before I was married.

Congrats!!
Old 12-17-2008, 08:53 PM
JK Freak

congrats on your new Jeep and welcome to the forum.just be prepared to spend hours on end looking for mods and such.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:01 PM
JK Junkie

Excellent first post and welcome to the forums! Now instead of buying jewelry and vacuum cleaners for the holidays you can buy her bumpers and lift kits.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Welcome to the addiction. You are a lucky man.

Quick Reply: It has to be said