Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Has anyone made a window roll??

Old 05-01-2007, 03:44 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Has anyone made a window roll??

I was wondering if anyone has made a window roll?? I think I am going to try..It can't be that hard!! Plus then I can pick the quality of the materials and can even have a fun print!! If anyone has tried this please let me know what you did.... the only other thing I have to do today is WAIT FOR MY SCHROCKWORKS ROCKRAILS....as they are on the FEDEX delivery vehicle!!! Yippee!!
Old 05-01-2007, 04:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I made mine based off of the mopar version. I just got some pieces of fleece and sewed them together at one end then made the outside of hte roll out of black vinyl. However if I had it to do over again I would do the fleece portion and then make a bag out of the vinyl for it to fit in.
i will try to post pics of my current bag soon. I may try to redo it and I will post pics of that too. Fabric for the bag was almost $30 including the nylon straps and d-rings to keep it rolled.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:25 AM
JK Freak

I wouldlove photos...When you bought your fabric did you use coupons?? I don't kow where you are at but here in MI JoAnns always has coupons and you can get nice fabric cheap!! I am going to use a upolstery fabric if I can find it in leopard print for the outside and cotton flannel for the inside protectors.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:47 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JKGirl
I wouldlove photos...When you bought your fabric did you use coupons?? I don't kow where you are at but here in MI JoAnns always has coupons and you can get nice fabric cheap!! I am going to use a upolstery fabric if I can find it in leopard print for the outside and cotton flannel for the inside protectors.

hmmm...

A leopard print Bikini cover? *cough*

i'll have to see if i can talk the spousal unit into that
Old 05-01-2007, 05:11 AM
JK Freak

Happy....not a bikini cover....but a window roll.... but that would be cool to make a matching bikini cover...hmmmmm...
Old 05-01-2007, 05:12 AM
Eternal ***erator

Originally Posted by JKGirl
Happy....not a bikini cover....but a window roll.... but that would be cool to make a matching bikini cover...hmmmmm...

lol... sorry, my mind wanders sometimes...
Old 05-01-2007, 05:14 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
hmmm...
A leopard print Bikini cover? *cough*
for her or the windows?
Old 05-01-2007, 05:17 AM
Eternal ***erator

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC
for her or the windows?
.... ....
Old 05-01-2007, 05:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Not a roll bag but Freedom Panel Bag.

I am getting ready to make a hard top panel bag today. I also plan to do a window roll bag after I do this one. I looked at all sorts of fabrics, canvas, etc. and finally decided on some great material to use...It is actually a grill cover I found at Wally World for 25 bucks.Allot of fabric for that price...although I will have to tear apart the cover, still worth it. The material is super durable and the color of the Khaki one matches the interior perfectly if you have the Khaki interior of course. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Good luck with your roll bag. You should be able to have much more fun picking fabric for it since it doesn't have to be strong material. Upholstery fab is a good idea....lots of selection and good quality. I would just go with a very light flanel to make the dividers for in between the windows.
Have fun and post pics when you finish.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:55 AM
JK Freak

Yes divegirl...I am hoping to have a decent fabric selection...ya know -- you can never find what you need when you want it!! LOL...I am hoping for a nice durable ( maybe almost a denim with a leopard print) fabric for the outside....and then I will use cotton flannel for the inside-- thought maybe I could get leopard print in that too... Iknow some have used fleece but I have always heard that anything synthetic will scratch?? and my windows already have a few scratches from off roading....ugh....at least there is a story behind those.... Good luck with yours!! Thats a great idea to cut up a grill cover!!

and you guys are too funny.............

Last edited by JKGirl; 05-01-2007 at 05:57 AM.

Quick Reply: Has anyone made a window roll??