Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Has anyone else had some one hop in while you had your doors off?

Old 06-20-2010, 05:29 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Christine
Awww, I LOVE my tazer. Mine has a laser site so there's no chance of missing. Mine has 50,000 volts though.
But, yes, like he said, get a cheap one that makes that noise. As a Volunteer Sheriff, the perps are more afraid of the tazer. "Don't taz me bro" is true!
I doubt you'd ever have to get near anyone, they'd high-tail it so fast! lol. Just a cheapie and arc it up a little. Problem solved!

I had one like this for just screwing around, not rating for much but nice inch long blue arc. Made a ton of noise. $20-$25

Old 06-20-2010, 05:36 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Luckily this happened to me in my work truck because if it was in the jeep I am not sure what would have happened;

I am driving through the city in a bad nieghborhood with the windows down and this nasty crack whore was in the road waving her arms blocking my path so I thought it was an emergency as I am slowing down I reach over and lock the passenger door and she runs to my passenger door and just grabs the f ing handle like she has a right to get in and I say what do you want she says I need a ride and starts to reach in to unlock the door! Of course at that point I sped off and look in my back window at a bird and her cussing! Wtf if I would have been in the jeep I guess she would have just jumped in???

Is it legal to have a tazer near the driver in the jeep? I have one it is in my tool bag I just thought it was against the law?
Old 06-20-2010, 05:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When I was younger

When I was younger I had to carry a big stick to keep all the good looking gals from jumping in.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:22 AM
JK Freak

Yeah, does this mod still work if you park at Hooters?

Last edited by ClaytonT; 06-20-2010 at 06:23 AM. Reason: i'm a spelling fool
Old 06-20-2010, 06:36 AM
JK Jedi

I had a similar story this spring skiing at my local hill. I had the doors off and I had one Schatt decided he wanted to jump in my drivers seat as I was putting on my ski boots. Told him to GTFO or he will have a ski pole up his ass. Then as I am going up the Gondola I see another person jumping into my Drivers seat AHHHH! and his friends are taking pictures. I need one of those Robo Cop security systems where they zap a few electrical volts to fry the person!

The person that got into my Jeep had the nerve to slide the seat back and recline it and fool around with my heater controls. I realize I took a risk parking it for the day with no doors off, but damn don't people respect other peoples property.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
I had a similar story this spring skiing at my local hill. I had the doors off and I had one Schatt decided he wanted to jump in my drivers seat as I was putting on my ski boots. Told him to GTFO or he will have a ski pole up his ass. Then as I am going up the Gondola I see another person jumping into my Drivers seat AHHHH! and his friends are taking pictures. I need one of those Robo Cop security systems where they zap a few electrical volts to fry the person!

The person that got into my Jeep had the nerve to slide the seat back and recline it and fool around with my heater controls. I realize I took a risk parking it for the day with no doors off, but damn don't people respect other peoples property.
I know this is not realistic but we should be able to park anywhere, anytime, with the top off & not worry about our vehicles. That's not happening. Turns out trespassers have more rights than owners.

Wasn't there a commercial in the 60s/70s era that said,"Lock your car doors, don''t help a good kid go bad."
Old 06-20-2010, 01:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheonlyREDhead 2008 JK
Is it legal to have a tazer near the driver in the jeep? I have one it is in my tool bag I just thought it was against the law?
Since its a non lethal weapon I do not see that being an issue but it would be wise to ask a police officer the law on non-lethals. And also being in a work truck ask your superviser if it is ok also. No need to get fired for not asking questions.

But now here in Louisiana your vehicle is known as your domain. That being said I can carry my .45 cocked and loaded with no problems.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would like to do the Tazer thing but I think they made it to where you have to have a CCW to even have a Tazer here So I just keep a couple pepper sprays handy
Old 06-20-2010, 02:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nealxam
Hey Kuffar, I saw the title of your thread and laughed.
I said to myself "you KNOW this guy's not from Texas".
Man, that's a surefire way to see the wrong end of a .45 around here.
I'm serious.
I have been looking into mounting my hostler in my center console
Old 06-20-2010, 03:43 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I keep a hunting knife and an ASP sticking up from my center console area by the seat. They would either get a cracked skull or cut throat , period.

Quick Reply: Has anyone else had some one hop in while you had your doors off?