Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Has anyone actually...

Old 03-15-2008, 06:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone actually...

beaten a Hummer H1/2/3 in an offroad challenge? I know that in theory a modified Wrangler should be able to out perform a Hummer because of weight and overall size, but has anyone here actually seen it first hand? I always see H3's driving around as clean as the day they drove it off of the dealers lot, but I have never had the pleasure to see one perform...
Old 03-16-2008, 08:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i've seen anumber of hummer clubs at Rausch Creek before and they are mostly stockers going where modified jeeps were going. i've seen a group of H1's tackle the black trails and laugh about it.

there is a group of H3's going this saturday to Rausch and i'll try to grab some pictures of them while i'm there as well.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:36 AM
JK Freak

Once when I was on a ride at Paragon there were a couple of H2s in our group of TJs and KJs.
We were doing Blue trails and the Hummers always seemed to be having a tough time in tight spots and holding up the group suffering minor damage along the way.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I believe it has a lot to do with not only the vehicles ability, but the drivers ability and experience. In the right hands either vehicle will do you proud in offroad situations, stock or modified.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Check the current issue of Car & Driver. They have a test report of an H3 vs. an Unlimited Rubicon. I won't spoil the ending by telling you the Jeep won.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:13 AM
JK Freak

A friend of mine with an H3 has been out with us once. I wasnt "allowed to take pics on its first trip in case it sucks" was his rule. It sis OK but with no front locker he had some issues with breaking over some hills. Not to bad flex for stock, but overall it looked fine at the end of the day. Could use some more under-armor though. Hes going out with us again the weekend of the Jeep Jambo in Oak Ridge TN. Take some pics then.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have both a H2 and JK. I frequent both Jeep and Hummer bulletin boards and go on vehicle specific trail rides for both.

I have taken my JK (4" lift, 37's, etc....) out at Hummer club events. The built JK runs circles around the stock and modded H2s and H3s. The H1 and built JK are pretty comparable in terms of what they are capable of. Its a good thing my new JK (including mods) only cost a third of what a new H1 sold for.

Its surprising how much the lack of ground clearence hinders the H3. My seven year old son complains any time we are on the trail with H3s as he says they slow us down too much.

Quick Reply: Has anyone actually...