Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Hardtop hoist

Old 10-14-2012, 09:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm using 3 200lb rated cam buckle straps. I found it really easy to raise the top 6 inches. I've also heard the cam buckle straps are easier to lower than the ratchet.

Old 10-15-2012, 04:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well, I went with this one and just installed it.

http://www.hoistlifts.com/

Pretty straight forward...easy install. Seems to work pretty good.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:33 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Chief_Airborne
Well, I went with this one and just installed it.

Hard Top Lift - Hardtop hoist lift for Jeep, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, BMW, Honda, Ford, Corvette, Cadillac Allante hard top

Pretty straight forward...easy install. Seems to work pretty good.
Hey Chief what are your thoughts on the quality of this the pricing look almost too good to be true compared to Lange
Which one did you get?
Old 11-18-2012, 06:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

I built one for less than $150 and it is power. Go get the hoist at Northern. 100 bucks for 220/440 lb hoist with brake. One ten foot piece of steel tube. Have a good welder make t support. 66 inches wide and 46 in tee. Use eye bolt on tee to lift. Put one eye bolt in ceiling of garage. Mount hoist on front wall of garage. Plug it in and go. I can load pics or if you like pm me your # and we can talk about it. About 15.00 in hardware needed from hardware store or Home Depot .
Old 11-19-2012, 04:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jdambm
Hey Chief what are your thoughts on the quality of this the pricing look almost too good to be true compared to Lange
Which one did you get?
JD,
It's a solid system, man. I'm very happy with it. No issues at all. Oh, I got the $130 one...I didn't see a need to by a winch or anything else. My two arms work just fine.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a Racor and it's very nice! It's easy to put together and install too. What's best about it is that you can use the lift for other things, not just lifting your top.

Just be careful about trying to find cheaper ways of doing this. Your top is very expensive and not worth messing around with by saving a few bucks. Not only could you damage your top, but you could damage your Jeep as well.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:27 PM
JK Newbie

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o04_s00_i01

It works great. There are instructions to set it up for the hardtop...I'll have to dig up where I found them. This is the same model number as you would find on a 4x4 site for 50 bucks more.

Found it http://www.quadratec.com/products/12020_1000.htm the instructions are there. They must have dropped their price a little since I bought it. It is still cheaper at amazon though.

I've used this all summer without any issues,

Last edited by 12jeepjits; 11-19-2012 at 07:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Hardtop hoist