Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.
View Poll Results: Hard top or Soft top or Both?
Hard Top
20.36%
Soft Top
23.95%
Both
55.69%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Hard Top or Soft Top and why?

Old 01-09-2011, 05:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the hard top, I personally think it looks better. Not to mention it gets cold here in north Dakota lol
Old 01-25-2011, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just bought my 2-dr Rubicon this month and it came with hard-top only. I definitely want to have a soft top for the summer, but I have no idea what I am going to do. I have spent hours looking at soft tops and summer top combinations. What I would like to have is the freedom panels on with a wrap-around windjammer and tonneau cover, but that combination cannot work together so I'm still looking...
Old 01-25-2011, 07:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had dual tops until I got tired of staring at my hard top in my living room and ended up just selling it. I think my soft top is great all year long, even for new england winters. Sure, the hard top was nice..but someone living in a apartment with no space making swapping them a huge issue...soft top all the way! These soft tops crush the older designs too, noone even realizes its a soft top sometimes. It's all situational.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:40 PM
JK Freak

We have both, mostly because my wife insisted on a hard top. The hard top is nice because it's quiet, and maybe warmer, but I rent a basement suite and storage may be an issue come summer time. I think I have it worked out here, but we might move soon and it might be a problem then.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

BOTH!

I'd have the hard top for winter, if I had a place to store it.
Security is not an issue, as I have 1/2 doors, but the rear wiper arm on the hard top would be way better than losing my visibility when roads get wet.

I'd still rather have the soft top if i could only have one, winters aren't a problemClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0572.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	121597
Old 01-26-2011, 12:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

The site should start a "help with hardtop's" service. I'm sure members who have yards could store an extra hardtop each spring.

You could pay with beer
Old 01-26-2011, 12:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

2 door hardtop in apt + blanket = new coffee table
Old 01-26-2011, 12:38 AM
JK Junkie

I like hard top all year. It just seems better to me. And I take it off all the time in summer
Old 01-26-2011, 05:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by azrwilkinson
Just curious to who llikes what and why. Even for those who have both which one do you honestly like better? Thanks

Soft top during the hotter months and hard top when its cold. It nice to change up the look of it now and then. Also better gas milage with the hard top with less wind resistance.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am single and live in an apartment on the second floor.

With that being said. Having a hard top would mean that I would NEVER go topless. Near impossible to remove a hardtop alone, and then hauling it up the stairs to store it in my living room doesnt sound fun.

Soft top for me! Cant take it down or put it up in 5 minutes and I have a sweet little window roll thing that protects my windows and clips to my rollcage for storage and availability should I want to put my top back on for rain or the likes.

Quick Reply: Hard Top or Soft Top and why?