Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Hard Top to Soft Top

Old 05-14-2009, 03:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Hard Top to Soft Top

Hey all, this is going to be a short-lived thread but here goes. Does anyone know what I would need exactly if I wanted to go out and buy a soft top? My JK came with a hardtop only, so basically I have no necessary hardware for the softtop. I tried searching for it, but you can imagine how many hits come up with the word "Soft Top" Thanks !
Old 05-14-2009, 05:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shifty_42
hey all, this is going to be a short-lived thread but here goes. Does anyone know what i would need exactly if i wanted to go out and buy a soft top? My jk came with a hardtop only, so basically i have no necessary hardware for the softtop. I tried searching for it, but you can imagine how many hits come up with the word "soft top" Thanks !
$2000 ...
Old 05-14-2009, 05:23 PM
JK Freak

There are a bunch for sale all the time. Just make sure whoever you buy from includes the brakets from the roll bars. There are two on each side and you will need the tailgate bar and the clips.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:23 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Shifty_42
Hey all, this is going to be a short-lived thread but here goes. Does anyone know what I would need exactly if I wanted to go out and buy a soft top? My JK came with a hardtop only, so basically I have no necessary hardware for the softtop. I tried searching for it, but you can imagine how many hits come up with the word "Soft Top" Thanks !
I found a top on CL and it was a great deal for me. I found a guy local who was unloading his and all the necessary parts still unopened. I did forget to get 4 bolts that line the bracket up on the back post on my cage. I say keep looking on the "For Sale" portion here, and check CL everyday. If your patient you will save tons of $$$

I got mine for $500 unopened for a unlimited top
Old 05-14-2009, 05:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

I bought a complete setup for mine last summer off of eBay for ~$750. It came with all of the brackets, header bars etc..
Old 05-14-2009, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Sweet Thanks for the help everyone. I'll keep my eyes open on the For Sale section Now we can let this thread die... haha
Old 05-15-2009, 06:32 AM
gpb
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Shifty_42
what I would need exactly if I wanted to go out and buy a soft top?
#1 Soft top including bows and tailgate bar
#2 Door surrounds and knobs to attach them to rollbars
#3 Side and rear windows
#4 Two velcro straps and two elastic loops with a metal snap
#5 Brackets that attach to rear roll bars that receive the soft top bows.

When buying a dual-top, #1 and #5 are installed in the Jeep and the others are in two cardboard boxes.

Be sure to get the brackets (#5) as the soft top owner might forget to include them.

Quick Reply: Hard Top to Soft Top