Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

hard top size?

Old 05-29-2008, 10:22 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hard top size?

Hello -
Could anyone give me the specs for the hard top (I have the 4 door)? I want to store it for the summer and want to know if it will fit in a 5x5 unit. I apologize, I am typing this on my Blackberry and its difficult to get the info online from this device.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kelly

Last edited by kellykell9; 05-29-2008 at 10:47 AM.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:02 AM
JK Newbie

Arrow

I found this finally, in a search:

<<I took some rough measurements while it was hanging from my ceiling...
Its 65" wide at the bottom, 28" tall, 40" from rear door to back glass, and 72" overall length.....all these measurements are within a inch or so>>

So...that would be.....7 feet long from tip to tip (with the window closed). Do you think if I take off the panels and store them separate, would the hard top fit in a 5x5 storage unit?

Thanks
Kelly

Old 05-29-2008, 11:35 AM
JK Super Freak

How the heck did you get it off with the panels in place? (BTW those measurments sound correct for the rear part alone) The front panels are not suposed to be in place when you remove the top and in fact there is a screw under them you have to remove first so they have to come off. If you put a comforter down you can lay one down, fold the comforter over lay the other down and store them under the rear part sitting it all flat. What I would do is look for one of those racks that store them vertically instead of flat. I think someone made one here. As long as your storage unit is like the ones I rented it is high enough to store it that way and you can even put the front panels in there as well. The whole question is not if it will fit but can you get it in and out safely because that leaves little room to manuver.

Last edited by only_in_my_jeep; 05-29-2008 at 11:38 AM.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:00 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks only,
I guess I was typing faster than my brain was working earlier. I realize my error in saying I would remove the panels off and store them separate. What I meant to ask is if the measurements were with the panels on (hard top ON the jeep) or with the panels OFF (hard top OFF the jeep).

I guess its a moot point, as the width seems to be 5ft 4inches, so it would have to go vertical. I will have to figure out something to do to make this work. Maybe I will get the stand and store it vertical like you suggest, and then I can get the 5x5 storage unit.

I know there are a few stands out there, does anyone have any recommendations for one that is not highly expensive but works like a charm? Maybe even one that includes window clips?

I was hoping to get this done this weekend, but I guess I'll have to put it off another week.

Thanks in advance AGAIN!

Kelly

Quick Reply: hard top size?