Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

hard top question

Old 07-23-2011, 11:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hard top question

if i buy an 11 w/o hardtop and purchase a hard top, do i need to purchase a wiring harness also or is that included when buying a jeep with soft top only?
Old 07-23-2011, 11:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

all jeeps come with the harnessess i have a softtopp and have the harness it just hangs there haha, but i have a 2010 soo
Old 08-20-2011, 02:10 PM
JK Newbie

I have a 2010 and no dual top option. You can tell by the wiper control on the steering wheel and the heater control switches. If they do not have rear defrost and wiper controls you do not have them. I bought a wiring kit to do it and wow what a job. I had a computer engineer and my self a mechanical engineer working on it and it took 5 hours. You do have to remove wires from clips and cut a wire and do some soldering so if you don't have it in you I would suggest having the dealer do it. Also you have to take it to the dealer to have it programmed. I learned alot and it lets you become more familiar with your jeep. Good Luck!

Quick Reply: hard top question