Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Hard top lift

Old 10-14-2008, 08:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard top lift

Okay, I need help. I saw this "thing" once on the back of a magazine but I can't find one now...not even on Google. So, I hope someone else has seen one. I am looking for a Hard top lift. Not a hoist I rent and have no garage. I built a rack to put my 3pc. (2DR) JK top & doors on but I still have to get help getting it off and on my rig. The "thing" I saw has a single arm sticking straight up, the feet are long and come out like a V shape with wheels. You open your rear glass and roll up under the back of the jeep with the feet. The arm has a piviot and a protruding arm goes up under the hard top. The protruding arm has like an "H" on it to support the top. You almost jack up the top and roll out away from the jeep and set the top elsewhere. It can be folded up to be placed out of the way till needed. It is a one man lift for a Jeep top and I am wondering if someone has seen it and could send a link here. Thanks!
Old 10-15-2008, 11:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Here's my solution for no garage!!

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/hard-top-removal-alone-17481/

Old 10-15-2008, 03:44 PM
JK Newbie

i didnt know they made something like that..
but it sounds like a good deal..
i have to have help takin my top off as well so dont feel bad
Old 10-15-2008, 04:30 PM
JK Jedi Master

Please note that several posts in this thread have been deleted due to the fact that they were in regards to a company that has been BLACKLISTED. This company has been BLACKLISTED because of their questionable business practices and conduct here. We have a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY regarding companies that engage in undercover soliciting and would appreciate it if you would please refrain from any further discussion regarding them or the products that they make.

Thank you,
Old 10-19-2008, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

I already built a rack to hold all 3 parts of the top and the doors and I can lock it so noone steals them. I guess noone makes that item and what ever that company that was going to make them not only did not do it but they are crap. I wold figure you have to be a very crap company to get blacklisted. So if anyone has invented a way to NOT HAVE A HOIST but still lifta top off all by your self please let me know.

Quick Reply: Hard top lift