Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Half or Full?

Old 09-10-2007, 10:55 AM
-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rroadkilll
I have 2 young children (4 & 8months) to consider for the doors thing...
This is a personal question so dont answer it if you don't want to

how are your kids 4 and 8 months?! lol if i have kids i'd love em to be that close to age from eachother but a mom can only cook 1 every 9 months

Me and my brother are 1.5 years apart

are they from diff. moms?

Anyway on to the Jeep
For the Kids... Full Doors, For the mom, Full doors with power group..why? she can lock the doors(and they auto lock after 15+ mph) so kids cant open em, she can lock the window sqitch so the kids dont play with it.

Umm if you want the freedom of the 1/2 doors, i'd get the tubular ones and keep em in the back when ur off roading or taking a trip
Old 09-10-2007, 12:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

i would go with the half-doors... they are indeed great so on and so forth for the summer... i haven't had problems with them during the winter. unzipping the window to me is easier than rolling down the windows. finally, companies like bestop will make a hard, sliding upper door like they did with earlier models...

HOWEVER... it's really a flip of the coin. get half doors and get the hard uppers later... OR get full doors and get Warrior half-doors, or the bestop rock doors with the enclosures!

think about how you would be driving it the most, and how you are planning on building up your Jeep!

cheers!
Old 09-10-2007, 05:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Caboose
This is a personal question so dont answer it if you don't want to

how are your kids 4 and 8 months?! lol if i have kids i'd love em to be that close to age from eachother but a mom can only cook 1 every 9 months

Me and my brother are 1.5 years apart

are they from diff. moms?
Everytime you post i just get a better Idea of how dumb you are. (4 and 8 months) Means 1 kid is 4 years old and 1 kid is 8 months old. If you ask someone how old their kid is and they say 5 you dont ask 5 or 5months, if its months they say it after the number.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:16 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by twinturbostang
Everytime you post i just get a better Idea of how dumb you are. (4 and 8 months) Means 1 kid is 4 years old and 1 kid is 8 months old. If you ask someone how old their kid is and they say 5 you dont ask 5 or 5months, if its months they say it after the number.

I did not even notice that!!!

I'll clarify for thoes that don't understand!!!

"I have 2 young children (4 YEARS OLD & 8 months old) to consider for the doors thing..."

AND ON TO THE JEEPS:

I think that the full doors are winning the debate!!!
I'll be looking at them hopefully with in 2 weeks and then decide and get it in less than a month... the dealer has a number of JK Unlimiteds on the lot!!!
Old 09-10-2007, 06:54 PM
JK Freak

if it were a 2 door, i would say half doors all the way... 4 door full doors with the power group are very nice.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Full doors with the power package. Like everyone else has stated, later on down the road you will have options for half doors!
Old 09-11-2007, 11:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Another for the full doors with auto... When we were looking at our JK at the dealership the wife didn't care if it didn't have power windows and locks. Now every once in a while I hear a complaint about having to crank the window down or if her hands are full she has to put something down to unlock it. Personally... I don't care! It's a JK!
Old 09-11-2007, 04:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

My old 97 TJ had half-doors and when I drove it with the uppers off it kind of gave it a unique experience. I didn’t even feel the need to take them off since they were so low I rarely noticed them. The bad part was the road noise and the plastic zipper windows. I eventually brought some glass slider upper from JC Whitney which improved it a lot.

Now I’m a bit older and enjoy a little more comfort so I went with the full doors and a hard top.

If you do have the half doors, I recommend replacing the uppers.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've had a YJ w/ both sets of doors and while the half doors are nice to have w/ the soft top down, you really can't beat the safety of the full doors. Plus they still can be removed. Or you can get some soft doors to put on if you really really want them.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1/2 doors(4 door)

I got the half doors, I have only seen one other JK with the 1/2 doors around here. I run into a lot of people who did not know the 1/2 doors were an option!

Quick Reply: Half or Full?