Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.
View Poll Results: JKU Half doors or full doors with manual windows
Half Doors
64.29%
Full Doors with manual locks/windows
35.71%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Half Doors or Roll Down Windows for JKU

Old 02-09-2013, 01:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Half VS full doors

Originally Posted by JerseyMark
I am thinking of ordering a 2013 JKU and plan to get a base sport. I am torn between getting half doors or rolldown windows. I live in NJ so gets fairly cold in the winter but I don't mind if its a little colder inside the jeep and it seems worth it for the summers. So, I am posting a poll to get opinions.
For northern climate full doors. My buddies girl friend opened the half door window at the bank drivethru in sub-zero weather and crack, my rear soft top windows are pretty scratched.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

My next Jeep will have half doors. I broke down and bought a set of soft doors. I feel too cooped up with the full doors. The uppers can always be replaced if they get scratched up.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Half doors! I had full doors on my 07 and hated them with the top down. The window opening is small. I ordered my10 with half doors. I live in the country so I don't need to roll the window down for toll booths,ATMs or drive thrus. I never unzip the windows if I need them open I take them out. They can't be beat after the temp gets above 70 and you can leave them at home.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JerseyMark
I dont think i can order both.
For those of you with halfs, does it get difficult to see out of them over time, like from scratches or discoloration?
after 3 1/2 years in the colorado Mountains and almost 40 000 miles my fronts are a little scratched but very easy to see out of, nowhere close to the marked/fogginess of the rear window. They can crack if opened when it's VERY cold out, but this is also true of all the soft top windows ( the rear happened to me 2 years ago)

Go for the 1/2's
Old 02-10-2013, 05:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have half doors on my 07. They have held up good with only minor scratches. I drove a buddies jeep with full doors for a few days and I liked the full doors better. I say this because. I always have a window down, it's nearly impossible to safely zip the window while going down the road. The main reason for me is. If it is nice enough to leave the house without the top halves. I always remove the entire door.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Doors

I do like the half door look, but after 8,000 miles Michigan -Montana-Colorado, I am still fond of full doors just do to there convience {quieter on freeway wih M/T tires, cooler in summer, warmer in winter, easier to close in a suddden downpour}. I do have Road Armor tube doors for summer time.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:33 PM
JK Newbie

I would vote full doors. The half doors won't work with a hardtop if you ever decide to add one, and IMHO, the half doors look a little strange on the 4 door models.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

I enjoy having full doors in the winter. In the summer I go no doors, I suppose the half doors would take up less space in the garage... : - )
Old 02-10-2013, 04:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just ordered a Rubicon with half doors. I figure I can buy full doors much easier than half doors with uppers if I want.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Half doors will work with a hard top. The hard top takes the place of the soft top door surrounds. I have seen guys running halfs with a hard top. You just can't order one from jeep that way.

Quick Reply: Half Doors or Roll Down Windows for JKU