Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Half Door Recommendations

Old 07-23-2019, 10:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Half Door Recommendations

I recently purchased element half doors, soft top and window panels from Best Top. The top is great and I love it! But I seems to have an issue with leaking from the window panel right by the windshield and from the doors. Today it was pouring out and it was just dripping out of control and I couldn’t stop it. I love the freedom of half doors but I was wondering if any of you have recommendations for better quality ones that don’t leak. Or if not, ways to fix such a leak because my rugs get soaked every time it rains. Any suggestions would be awesome! Thanks!
Old 07-23-2019, 07:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Did you bend the uppers in towards the Jeep to help the seal. JCR off-road has a halfdoor video that can show you how to bend them to make them fit better. Other than that I think the best fit I've seen is on strikeforce zebra. They are expensive but seem to be very well built.
Old 07-24-2019, 03:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cedarraider
Did you bend the uppers in towards the Jeep to help the seal. JCR off-road has a halfdoor video that can show you how to bend them to make them fit better. Other than that I think the best fit I've seen is on strikeforce zebra. They are expensive but seem to be very well built.
I did actually, and I’ve been in some rain since having them the leaking hasn’t been this bad. But I can see if maybe I can bend them more, if not it’s a shame because I love them. Thanks for the suggestion!

Quick Reply: Half Door Recommendations