Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

half door package?

Old 08-04-2008, 11:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default half door package?

Guys:

"Why does Jeep not sell a reasonably priced half door package?"

I assume that I am not the only guy out there that bought an Unlimited with full doors/hardtop for the practicality but love the feel and look of the half doors for summer- at the end of the day we bought a Jeep and not a Suzuki!

Currently the only option is to get a $7k build up from individual parts, which makes no sense. I assume that there must be a real market for a Jeep package- which they should be able to produce at a fraction of the above given that they already build them as a spec.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:50 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by I&ISurvive
Guys:

"Why does Jeep not sell a reasonably priced half door package?"

I assume that I am not the only guy out there that bought an Unlimited with full doors/hardtop for the practicality but love the feel and look of the half doors for summer- at the end of the day we bought a Jeep and not a Suzuki!

Currently the only option is to get a $7k build up from individual parts, which makes no sense. I assume that there must be a real market for a Jeep package- which they should be able to produce at a fraction of the above given that they already build them as a spec.

Not true:
jeepsareus.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=JAU&Product_Co de=DJKL&Category_Code=7WM

double the price for 4 doors

Link is acting wierd, go to Wrangler parts and access and scroll all the way to the bottom. half doors...put together and for sale.

Last edited by dyolfknip; 08-04-2008 at 11:54 AM.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:51 PM
JK Newbie

Default Thanks

I was half hoping that someone out there had got a better answer to the problem than I had.

I am going to get these doors - as with these is how I always wanted my jeep to be
Old 05-08-2011, 05:50 AM
JK Freak

Default Dealer

I just ordered my jeep, and had the dilema of getting full or half. I wanted half on 70% of the year as it is warm in Texas. But I didn't feel I needed them in the Winter so wanted full the remaining part of the year.
I contacted the dealer, and they priced a half door set for like 2k, painted and all. I didn't even want to spend that much on them so I just ordered the half set standard.
I may start to check junk yards to see if there are any full doors?
Old 05-08-2011, 02:30 PM
JK Newbie

Default half doors

i bought my jku with half doors hoping that beastp would come out with the glass uppers. in 2008 there were not many options available. if i had to do it again i would buy the jeep with full doors than buy bestops paintable fiberglass half dpprs with the plastics window uppers. all four about 3 grand. if u only do the front . half rthat. hope thats helpful

Quick Reply: half door package?