Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Half Door Jk help

Old 04-30-2008, 07:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Half Door Jk help

I know this issue has been addressed and i brought it up about half a year ago... but i have a 4 door rescue green jk rubi and i was looking to buy 4 half doors does anyone here know how i could go about finding that and about how much would it costs.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:06 AM
JK Super Freak

I think the Bestop soft doors just became available. As for stock half doors, as far as I know it's still build them yourself for $8K, buy/trade with someone else, or relentlessly hunt at the auto-wreckers.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by mjolnir
I think the Bestop soft doors just became available. As for stock half doors, as far as I know it's still build them yourself for $8K, buy/trade with someone else, or relentlessly hunt at the auto-wreckers.

x2 on that. one guy here built a full set of 4 half doors all from mopar parts and then put them together himself. all the parts were about $7000 and thats not counting paint and the time i took to put it all together. if i remember, he had problems with the locks not fiting properly or something...
Old 04-30-2008, 09:48 AM
JK Freak

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...+door+from+oem

andyR is your man
Old 05-01-2008, 12:12 PM
JK Newbie

Better go check the dealer. Just so happens I was going home last night from work, and a brand new JK Unlimited rolls past me with soft top and half doors complete with soft uppers. wish I could have snapped a pic, but at 80 on the HD I have to keep both hands on the handlebars. Atlanta traffic is brutal.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:47 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by KMB-JK
Better go check the dealer. Just so happens I was going home last night from work, and a brand new JK Unlimited rolls past me with soft top and half doors complete with soft uppers. wish I could have snapped a pic, but at 80 on the HD I have to keep both hands on the handlebars. Atlanta traffic is brutal.
My Jeep didnt come with a handlebar option. Dammit! That would be cool though...actually tiller bars like in the M113 would be awesome! MOD TIME!

There are lots of pics of factory half doors...why would you bother trying to take a pic on the highway of one?
Quick Google Search
Old 05-02-2008, 06:13 AM
JK Newbie

My Jeep didn't come with handlebars either, but my Harley did. Riding instead of driving, saving money on gas. I had not seen these pics. M113 APC? I prefer the M577, much more room, but not as fast or fun to drive as the M113.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Apparently Mopar will be releasing half door kits in the near future... http://blogs.4wdandsportutility.com/6241722/editorials/new-mopar-jeep-wrangler-jk-parts/index.html

On another forum where Jeep engineers do a Q&A, they said to look for the kits this summer...and that they'd be affordable. Here's hoping...

Last edited by doojer; 05-02-2008 at 10:43 PM. Reason: edited link
Old 05-02-2008, 10:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by CincyJK
Apparently Mopar will be releasing half door kits in the near future...Jeep engineers do a Q&A, they said to look for the kits this summer...and that they'd be affordable.
I don't think I believe the part about "affordable"... You know, because everything else MOPAR has released has been bargain basement pricing.
Old 05-03-2008, 05:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Do a search on eBay Motors. There is a buy it now price for all four of $3,000.

Quick Reply: Half Door Jk help