Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Hade a nice laugh yesterday.

Old 10-12-2009, 06:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LR sales people spout that kind of thing. I actually did look at LR when I was shopping for my Jeep. I was a bit turned off by the snobbery. That was nothing compared to my reaction to the sticker price. I don't believe I've ever seen one off road though. Maybe they are worth it, but I doubt it.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

My business partner has an LR3. He thinks if the TV isn't working on his park and camp, it is a "hard camp". I think it's weak either way. Taillights haven't worked since he bought it anyway. Pure crap. Always quoting how great it is according to magazines.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:51 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by abock33
So Yesterday I was sitting in my JK waiting to meet Rubious When I hear someone Honk their horn and yell at me. I opened my door and there's this guy in a bone stock Landrover and he says that I can't go anywhere in a Jeep and that I should have bought a Landrover. I just laughed at him and shut my door.

Why is it that I can't come up with good lines to shut people up until after people leave? I was kinda hoping that Rubious would have showed up. It would have been interesting.
I'm the same way caught off guard by some dumb ass who's lived their life perfecting the shit talk...except in this case I'd say (cause it happened to me 2x now) must be talking on road cause off road you guys have ruined my day twice now being broken down all over the trail and always at a gatekeeper
Old 10-13-2009, 01:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

My buddy bought a used Discovery for only 8 grand a few years back and Drove it from Utah to Alaska, then wheeled it like it should be wheeled for a couple years. . . in Alaska. The thing was awesome. Never broke down either.
But that's not the point.
Don't be a jerk to other off-roaders, no matter how much your European company's premium model was worth new. You definitely shoulda' backed into him, then invited him on a trail ride. Make it an easy one though so he doesn't get too stuck.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mkjeep
You shoulda asked him if it dents easily, if he says no, back into it.
i almost blew milk out my nose on this one, lol

too damn funny bro
Old 10-13-2009, 12:09 PM
JK Super Freak

I had a Discovery II for 5 years but I was never a dick when I drove it! Plus, my JK kicks WAY more ass than my Disco did!!!
Old 10-13-2009, 02:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

I drive my rubi. My wife drives a Disco II. I love them both. I know the Disco won't go near the places my rubi will, but I'm still working on convincing her to take it offroad. I want to make that trip!

On a side note, this summer we were up in Governor Basin near Ouray and ran into a Disco. He only had trouble in one spot, and it was the toughest, loosest incline on the trail. Took him maybe 8 tries to get up it. But you know what? He was out there using his rig! And sitting in there with him were his wife and two babies. Nothing wrong with that.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:32 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by jwetzel
... On a side note, this summer we were up in Governor Basin near Ouray and ran into a Disco. He only had trouble in one spot, and it was the toughest, loosest incline on the trail. Took him maybe 8 tries to get up it. But you know what? He was out there using his rig! And sitting in there with him were his wife and two babies. Nothing wrong with that.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

I like how you guys have been keeping the "You shoulda said..." responses PG-rated. I'm a Boston Ma$$hole, so my gut reaction would have been to sarcastically attack the jugular.

I'd probably wind up saying something like "Yeah I looked at 'em, but your wife said the Jeeps had a much bigger backseat."
Old 10-15-2009, 10:41 AM
JK Freak

Default Lr3

Guys, come on.. that guy might be a jerk but I really like that truck...
I might not suit MY needs and budget but I took my moms LR3 off-road and it performs quite well...

Yes, that truck is 1 ton overweight, but the V8 is decent, great stock adjustable air suspension, really comfortable, etc...

The old discovery was a piece of shit but the newer LR3 models are great

I also really like the way Land Rover gets involved in the off road community with their events and stuff...

Last edited by Jeepincanada; 10-16-2009 at 07:49 AM.

Quick Reply: Hade a nice laugh yesterday.