Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Had to loan my wife the Jeep

Old 02-04-2009, 02:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had to loan my wife the Jeep

Boy this sucked today.

We got 8 inches of snow today in Deptford, NJ. My wife had to borrow the Jeep to get to work because her Solstice has the ground clearence of a skateboard and handles worse in the snow than a bathtub carrying 6 monkeys sliding down an ice covered hill.

But she's working and I'm not and I got out in the snow yesterday so I couldn't come up with any argument.

But before she left, I did manage to get over to the parking lot across the street and do some outragous donuts. I got it spinning around so fast it flung the snow off of the roof.

Anyway just felt like saying I miss it

Last edited by berg; 02-04-2009 at 02:09 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I loaned my Jeep to my wife and never got it back. I have to drive the dang Honda now and actually have to ask for permission to drive my own vehicle. It's ok though cuz when I get the lift and tires on it she won't be able to get in it anymore and I'll just steal it back.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:28 PM
JK Newbie

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by porters
I loaned my Jeep to my wife and never got it back. I have to drive the dang Honda now and actually have to ask for permission to drive my own vehicle. It's ok though cuz when I get the lift and tires on it she won't be able to get in it anymore and I'll just steal it back.
OMG! That is just cruel and unusual punishment!!!! Like i can not comprehend how this is possible, probably because i'm only 18 and my Girlfriend doesn't like to drive manual.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:29 PM
JK Super Freak

My wife had mine last week because I was driving about 180 miles a day, and her Hemi Commander rides a little better for the longer drives. (didn't want to wear the tires down)
Old 02-04-2009, 03:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by porters
When the only car we had was a Ford Taurus and I drove a beat up 85 Dodge pick up there was no problem.

But when I got the Jeep all of a sudden she "needed" to borrow it.

So early last year we got her a Red Pontiac Solstice and she never "needed" the Jeep. That is until the weather got crappy.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got rid of my 07 solstice gxp to get the jeep!
Old 02-04-2009, 03:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Mariner
i got rid of my 07 solstice gxp to get the jeep!
Good deal

I wish I could have gotten my wife interested in Jeeps and Jeeping. This morning I asked her if she knew how to put in 4WD. She said you just push that button on the dash, don't you?

So I had to give her a lesson in case she needed it.

Last edited by berg; 02-04-2009 at 03:48 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:01 PM
JK Freak

I don't have to worry about my wife wanting to drive mine. The stick and lift solve that problem.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jeepguyinMS
I don't have to worry about my wife wanting to drive mine. The stick and lift solve that problem.
Though mines an auto, her Solistice is a 5 speed. So no help there.

I haven't gotten a lift yet.

Fayetteville NC huh! I graduated from 71st High School.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Happend to me the 1st time it snowed in '08! (which was the first time the jeep saw snow). It was my turn to handle the school closing. Very upsetting. I feel your pain.

Quick Reply: Had to loan my wife the Jeep