Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Had fun, now what?

Old 02-09-2009, 05:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

make sure you get behind the sheild of the rotors in the rear
i just had to get my brakes redone because of sand getting in the low hidden parts of the rotor
Old 02-09-2009, 05:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AlmightyCrash
Convertible top cleaner works good on the top.
good old armor all on fenders.
lots of elbow grease on everything else.

Have left Tonka covered in mud (those of you who have seen my pics know I mean COVERED) for 2 weeks before, and everything washed right off, though I still havent detailed the inside again since the last splashdown.

Make sure you pull lower lip out on stock fenders and spray up in there between outer and inner fender. Mud loves to hide in there, and will come out days later.
NO ARMOR ALL. it has chemicals that dry out plastic parts and makes them brittle. I may make things look good at the time but is actually damaging them.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:18 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by hig4s
NO ARMOR ALL. it has chemicals that dry out plastic parts and makes them brittle. I may make things look good at the time but is actually damaging them.
Sorry. To be specific, I use Armor All cleaner, not protectant. I had thought that would be obvious since we were discussing cleaning, not making it glossy/shiny.
My bad.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:55 PM
JK Super Freak

I read that spraying the engine down with Simple Green and using a garden hose will clean up the engine and all under the hood.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:50 AM
JK Newbie

Don't forget to clean out the inside of your rims, to keep them balanced.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Havn't seen any mud for a few months, washed the salt off the other day and halaluya i found a little patch of mud still hiding up in the fenders. can't wait to get a fresh coat of mud on the paint. i didn't think it was legal to wash mud off a jeep.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by berg
I read that spraying the engine down with Simple Green and using a garden hose will clean up the engine and all under the hood.
Simple Green is BAD for aluminum....it's a chemical corrosive when combined w/ the metal. At the least, your cylinder heads are made from Aluminum. I'd suggest using one of the off-the-shelf engine degreasers/cleaners.

Just my $0.02
Old 03-21-2009, 11:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Schantin
Simple Green is BAD for aluminum....it's a chemical corrosive when combined w/ the metal. At the least, your cylinder heads are made from Aluminum. I'd suggest using one of the off-the-shelf engine degreasers/cleaners.

Just my $0.02
your absolutely right It eats the protective coating off of alumnum. and allows it to corrode faster. the more you repeate the process the faster your stuff falls apart.

Quick Reply: Had fun, now what?