Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Had fun, now what?

Old 02-06-2009, 06:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dlud51
I've never heard of 303 where can I buy some???
RV stores, Cabela's. You can find deals on e-bay sometimes (esp. on a gallon)
they make several products, you want the 303 aerospace protectant
Old 02-06-2009, 08:23 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by scbesse
HAHA oh the mud runs. As long as its not really hot out and the sun baking the Mud on your fine, mine has been left with LOTS of mud dried on it for days and the only thing it stained was the soft top a little, a neat trick(lazy) is put a sprinkler under your jeep and keep moving it every 5 min, works really good. Open you hood and look at the mess in there give it a light spray with a garden hose( NOT A PRESSURE WASHER) Cheers
Afraid to ask, but what type of sprinkler you use? I am so bad that I just go have it done at a local car wash. I really am not pleased with the way it comes out, so I think I am going to start doing it myself. Sprinkler, WD-40 under fender well, 303 for the tops and soap in a bucket for the rest.

The road salt for the icy roads has stained my fenders, it seems. Hoping the 303 will take it out.

PS: I don't have the money for the pressure washer (wish list)
Old 02-06-2009, 10:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK08Mc's
Afraid to ask, but what type of sprinkler you use? I am so bad that I just go have it done at a local car wash. I really am not pleased with the way it comes out, so I think I am going to start doing it myself. Sprinkler, WD-40 under fender well, 303 for the tops and soap in a bucket for the rest.

The road salt for the icy roads has stained my fenders, it seems. Hoping the 303 will take it out.

PS: I don't have the money for the pressure washer (wish list)
I use one of the ones that sprays up in the air and goes slowly back and forth. I have found it works better than the ones that go around. It's less pressure, but cleans a bigger area at better angles more evenly.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:19 AM
JK Freak

Thank you AlmightyCrash. I am off to Home Depot for it and some 5/8" Nylon Rope. Need rope for the cosmetics of the front bumper and maybe light duty pulling.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:54 AM
JK Freak

Somebody had to do it...

I always put an oscillating sprinkler under the jeep and drink beer to clean the undercarriage...

The beer part is crucial...
Old 02-06-2009, 02:02 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ROKLIMO
Somebody had to do it...

I always put an oscillating sprinkler under the jeep and drink beer to clean the undercarriage...

The beer part is crucial...
LOL....if I drank a beer they would find me passed out in the yard, with huge lake under the Jeep.....
Old 02-07-2009, 04:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default 303 protectant

Boaters world or west marine has 303 protectant.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

ALSO another biggie: make sure you have drilled the bottom of your mirror bracket as mud will rest between your door and the bracket and over time could rust right through your DOOR! When drilled run the hose on the mirrors (side view) and let the mud run down the door!
Old 02-08-2009, 09:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

i got mine at amazon.com
Old 02-09-2009, 06:27 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by silverjk2007
I just got back from my first mudding experience. Had a blast, what a mess. First, what is the best way to clean my softtop, finders, bumpers, and undercarrage? Is there any mechanically I need to check on? We drove back about 30 miles and everything sounded and felt fine. Obviously I want to get the mud off ASAP, but how long can I wait before it starts to stain the top, finders, paint, etc. I want to try to do it tomorrow, but you know how things go sometime.

Can't wait to go back and do it soon.

Thanks for the advice.

depends on the mud for the stain question... GA red clay stains the plastic and top before it even touches it... you just get close enough... and your top turn red.

but really... it sucks... back to black works well but i had to remove the top, lay it on the ground, and scrub with a stiff nylon brush for over an hour to clean mine

put on a heavy coat of armorall or back to black before you hit the mud and you can pretty much hose it off.

Quick Reply: Had fun, now what?