Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Greedy Dealerships !!!

Old 04-30-2007, 07:56 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rubidonn
When was the close of the 2007's? The reason I ask is because I ordered one two weeks ago (4/16/07) and they accepted my deposit and ordered it... Are they yanking me on this one?
I just read it. It was for Rubicons only. Check back some threads last week. You are probably okay but call your dealer and ask him when the Rubicon 2007 were cut off.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You might do a search on jeep web site, we had to drive 6hrs round trip to get our rubi. but we got it for a little less than sticker.
I went thru all that and more. the rubi. we ordered on oct 26th still has'nt came in.just keep looking and search all citys in cali. you might find one like I did.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:51 PM
JK Newbie

I would also search the jeep website and see what you can find. I drove almost 1400 miles round trip to find the jeep I wanted. A basic X with hardtop, no bells and whistles.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:56 PM
JK Newbie

The close was 20 April. Now that is the advertised close. I was able to sneek my order in on the 27th. I think they advertise the close but leave a buffer for idiots like me. I ordered mine through Military Car Sales, and they said they were pretty sure they would be able to get a 2007 on order through the middle of May. They also said the factory would start producing 08's in July but i would not be able to get an 08 until the 1st of October. Who knows! I'm just happy i have a factory order number. Now waiting on a VIN.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

I called every dealership near Phoenix & asked for Internet Sales. Got a price from almost everyone over the phone & all but 1 was well under sticker.

I ended up ordering and buying from Jim in the Fleet Dept. at Avondale Jeep for just over invoice (invoice plus their "advertising" markup).

I don't know if he can still swing the same deal on an '08 order or an '07 from the lot, but he is straight up, no BS, very affable and does what he says he'll do. You can't ask for anything more from a car salesperson.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:19 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Hawkdriver
The close was 20 April. Now that is the advertised close. I was able to sneek my order in on the 27th. I think they advertise the close but leave a buffer for idiots like me. I ordered mine through Military Car Sales, and they said they were pretty sure they would be able to get a 2007 on order through the middle of May. They also said the factory would start producing 08's in July but i would not be able to get an 08 until the 1st of October. Who knows! I'm just happy i have a factory order number. Now waiting on a VIN.

That's a relief... my Rubi was ordered April 16th, so that sounds like I just made the [advertised] cut. What is the Factory Order Number you spoke of and can it do anything for me as far as finding where my order is w/DC?
Old 05-01-2007, 06:28 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubidonn
That's a relief... my Rubi was ordered April 16th, so that sounds like I just made the [advertised] cut. What is the Factory Order Number you spoke of and can it do anything for me as far as finding where my order is w/DC?
You should have received a VON on your order sheet. If you didn't get one, call your dealer and get a copy. If they can't provide you with one - it probably means they blew smoke up your..... and you're getting an 08.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:49 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC
You should have received a VON on your order sheet. If you didn't get one, call your dealer and get a copy. If they can't provide you with one - it probably means they blew smoke up your..... and you're getting an 08.

Hey thanks and great idea... I went on and gave the dealer a call and he gave me the VON from the order sheet . I also asked him if he can order Rubicons (2007's) any more this year... he said he could squeeze them in this week, but after that, it'll be 2008's and they won't be here till September or October.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:46 AM
JK Freak

I called that 800 number and it looks like my Jeep is in BX (parts are there, awaiting scheduling)... so it is probably a ways off, but at least there is progress and there is an awareness from DC that a Jeep should be built some day for me.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:02 AM
JK Newbie

I ordered mine (Unl. Sahara) on Apr 4th, just went in to D status and I got my VIN, we'll see when it goes D-1 but its happening faster than I thought, and by the way, LOVE my dealer, if anyone is in the Greater Toronto Area and want to know where I went, pm me.

Quick Reply: Greedy Dealerships !!!