Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Great Bumper! Terrible Service!

Old 12-01-2007, 06:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Bumper! Terrible Service!

Hey all, This is my only post here so I hate to for it to be negative, but I've gotten a lot of good info here lurking over the last year or so so I figure I owe the board something.

I bought a Front bumper from Nate this summer for my JK Rubicon.

First off, I don't know the guy at all and I can say the bumper is solid. Comes unpainted but finishes well. One of the 8 bolt holes didn't line up with the stock holes and so needs to be drilled out. Otherwise no problems with the bumper.

So what's my beef?

The guy sells a decent product but his customer service stinks. I searched around and was aware of the posts about his poor customer service but decided to buy anyway.

So I order the bumper and it shows up a month later. no problem, I'm in no hurry. I email him midway thru for some info and no response.

Bumper shows up with no Hardware kit as ordered and charged. No big deal, 3 trips to the hardware store and I'm good to go ( 2 trips to get nylon standoffs as there's nothing included to mount your foglights).

I call the guy, no answer.

I email the guy asking for a refund on the part not shipped, no response.

I email again no response, and again, guess what! no response.

I get a mass email for jeeper's from him and realize he's not out of business and contact him again. This time he gets back to me, he's sorry and the check is in the mail.

6 WEEKS LATER I get the check and it Bounces after 2 trys and now I have some nice bounced check bank fees as well as no refund!

Overall I'm not out much money but that's no way to run a business.

I've dealt with a lot of folks over the years, mainly for my FJ40s, and this is about the worst service I've seen.

Moral of the story? Decent bumper (still on my jeep), Bad business! YMMV

My rear bumper,carrier and lift etc. will come from someone with a reputation even if it costs me some cash.

On a positive note, My Dual Battery setup using Hellroaring's BIC kit is GREAT! Highly recommend those guys. Very helpful and freindly.

Thanks for the forum...

FROZEN 40 [07 JKRubiconUnlmtd, Hellroaring dual batt,Icom2m/440,warn m8000], 71FJ40,83FJ60, Giant pile of parts that used to be a 73FJ40
Old 12-01-2007, 06:20 PM
JK Junkie

Thats a lot of trouble,I would not be happy either!Bummer,fairly new sponsor too...uh-oh!!!
Old 12-03-2007, 05:59 PM
JK Junkie

Wow, I was just about to order a rear bumper from him. No thanks.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:04 PM
JK Freak

Old 12-03-2007, 06:13 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

For the record, the OP is a first time poster and we typically see posts like this to be trolling. I have however talked to him and allowed the post to stand for now so that Nates4x4 can address it. Need I say, before you jump to conclusions based on a single post from a user none of us know, I would ask that you give Nates4x4 a chance to address the comments at hand. Thank you.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:28 PM
JK Junkie

Sounds fair to me. Alright WOL,good thinking.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:15 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Okay, I have talked to Nates4x4 and while they did admit to having made the embarrasing mistake of bouncing a check, I was told that they did offer to pay the fee plus the refund as promised but never heard back from the OP. And, since this was the OP's very first post, I'm going to have to see his efforts as an attempt to use this forum as a weapon and with no other purpose than to try and smear Nates4x4. Certainly, doing my own quick search, I was not able to find any evidence to support the wide spread poor customer service claims that the OP reported to have found and so I am now going to have this thread closed.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me by PM or heck, if you want, contact Nates4x4 directly by PM. I can assure you that you will be able to get a hold of them here and they will take care of you.

Last edited by wayoflife; 12-04-2007 at 12:17 AM.

Quick Reply: Great Bumper! Terrible Service!