Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

grab handles

Old 12-27-2009, 08:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i will def. keep that in mind, thanks
Old 12-27-2009, 12:53 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by LaxAHolic
thats where they master craft ones go...on ur "improved" area
I hope so. Those are the MasterCraft handles, both front and rear in both pictures. :-) But, if you follow the instructions in the write-up, you can have a virtually identical set for the rear for about one-third the cost.
Old 12-27-2009, 02:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

u lost me...
Old 12-28-2009, 05:45 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by LaxAHolic
u lost me...
When MasterCraft first came out with handles, they had only one style. They were for the front and rear. I ordered two sets, one for the front and one for the rear. That's what the link was that was provided to you that you said you were going to order. My comment was that later they came out with a different set for the rear--a set that bolts to existing screws in the sound bar instead of strapping onto the roll bar. It places the handle in a better position for rear seat passengers. I haven't seen anyone provide you a link to that rear set that MasterCraft now offers. I think that's because most places are still selling the front set for the rear--and it doesn't really work very well there.

However, even before MasterCraft came out with their version of the rear seat set, someone here on JK-Forum discovered some kayak handles that were identical to the shape/materials of the MasterCraft front set, and could be fixed up to screw onto the sound bar for the rear seat passengers. That was the link that I provided to a write-up. They are about one-third the price of the same thing from MasterCraft for the rear seats.

All of my handles in both pic's are from MasterCraft. But, if you chose to go with the write-up handles for the rear, yours will look identical except you won't have the MasterCraft logo sewn onto the handle strap.

Hope that makes my not so clear original writings a little clearer.

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 12-28-2009 at 05:51 AM.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Buy the Rugged Ridge rear handles from 4wd.com and have them shipped to your local 4WheelParts store for free. They run about $12 a pair and I LOVE mine!!

Quick Reply: grab handles