Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Got some fantastic news!

Old 07-16-2011, 04:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got some fantastic news!

I love it when things work out. I bought my 2008 JK Sahara Unlimited 2 months ago, it had the dual top option but when I got home I took the hard top off and tried to put the soft top up - the door surrounds were missing. Took it back to the dealer and they said it was an "as is" sale - tough luck. Well my salesperson was not happy with that answer so she ordered me a new top on her dime. I've been waiting for it to come for the last 2 months. I called today and she said it should arrive on Monday and that I would be thrilled because the top is really cool. She said another of her customers ordered one that finally came in yesterday and he drove by the dealership to show her how awesome it was and how it took him less than an hour to install it. Immediately I thought "there's nothing cool about a factory soft top" and I've heard that it takes a considerable amount of time to install it from scratch the first time. I emailed her and asked what top she ordered... she ordered me a Trektop!!! I believe she ordered the NX - why else would it have taken 2 months. I think the regular Trektops are readily available and if that was what she ordered I think I would have had it way before now. Fingers crossed!!! How awesome would that be?! Here I thought I was waiting all this time for a crappy factory top!
Old 07-16-2011, 04:48 PM
JK Freak

The factory top is not crappy. Mine is almost 4 yrs old and in perfect shape, goes up and down fine, and kept me warm last winter.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:22 PM
JK Super Freak

SOME tops are faulty, But most are fine.

But hey! If you're getting a new NX for free, that should definitely work
Old 07-16-2011, 05:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Good Lord... I didn't mean to offend. I have a factory top as well and if works just fine. I bought if off Craigslist while I've been waiting for the one the dealer ordered. Perhaps I should have said 'I thought I was waiting for a standard soft top' - I was just trying to share a little good dealership news for a change... Nevermind.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thats awesome, I cant believe the sales person did that. I've gone to dealerships the day after i've purchased a vehicle and the sales person doesn't even remember my name... Did you get this from a Jeep dealership, find it hard to believe that they would say its "as is" if the jeep was missing something such as door surrounds
Old 07-16-2011, 07:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Croce
Thats awesome, I cant believe the sales person did that. I've gone to dealerships the day after i've purchased a vehicle and the sales person doesn't even remember my name... Did you get this from a Jeep dealership, find it hard to believe that they would say its "as is" if the jeep was missing something such as door surrounds
Yes it was a Jeep dealer. They have the "as is" sticker in the window of all of their used Jeeps. The salesperson said she relies on happy customers for referrals and repeat business and she didn't feel it was right that the dealer wasn't going to make it right. Kudos to her and when I'm ready to buy a newer Jeep you bet she'll be seeing me again! I still can't believe she ordered me a trektop! I'll be elated if it turns out to be an NX!

Quick Reply: Got some fantastic news!