Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Got pulled over today

Old 07-28-2009, 09:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default -

My buddy got pulled over on the way to the Jeep Jamboree (Vt) for....driving too slow!
Old 07-28-2009, 02:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Got pulled over in 1983, he wanted to see my Z28.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got pulled over last Friday.......but that prick just wanted to give me shit about driving around without my doors on. He proceeded to talk to me like a jerk, so I returned the favor. After a somewhat heated exchange he got flustered and gave me a written warning.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OoPEZoO
I got pulled over last Friday.......but that prick just wanted to give me shit about driving around without my doors on. He proceeded to talk to me like a jerk, so I returned the favor. After a somewhat heated exchange he got flustered and gave me a written warning.
by Amish county, you mean Lancaster. What area? I've been all over this county with no doors for 6 yrs. and never once had a cop give it a second thought, even when being nailed for speeding (warning), my only warning ever. Usually it's, "You can make that payable to..."
Old 07-28-2009, 09:56 PM
JK Newbie

I got pulled over at 3am on the way to work this morning by one our local boys in blue just so he could have a good look at my JK, turns out he has 4 jeeps and wanted to know when our club meetings were!! He also mentioned i had a blown tail light!
Old 07-29-2009, 03:36 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by POTO
by Amish county, you mean Lancaster. What area? I've been all over this county with no doors for 6 yrs. and never once had a cop give it a second thought, even when being nailed for speeding (warning), my only warning ever. Usually it's, "You can make that payable to..."
I grew up in Lancaster (Mountville area), but now live over in York County. I got pulled over on 74 heading North near Dover. He was an officer from Northern York Regional. We were heading up to Pinchot State Park for the day. I had my fiance, her 11yr old daughter, and her daughters' friend in the Jeep. Guy came blazing through a busy intersection with lights and sirens blaring. I got the hell out of his way thinking he was doing something important. He then whipped right in behind me. Oh well, looks like I'll be staying out of that end of town for awhile
Old 07-29-2009, 12:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got pulled over by Long Beach PD, scared me I thought I would get a ticket for tires or who knows with my Ridiculous Jeep. Turned out he Races a class 7 Ford Ranger. He wanted to see the JK and ask questions, pop the hood etc. He told me he has seen my JK before and keeps an eye on it. So overall very good experience and hopefully if some turkay try’s to take my Jeep he and his compadres will stop it.

Since then I have seen him 2 times at the races and we had a theft of some trees at my office and he was one of the officers to respond.

Good to be friendly with my local PD.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03646 copy.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	27697   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07014med.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	27698  
Old 07-29-2009, 11:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got pulled over by Killeen TX PD & the Ft Hood MPS several times just so the officer could check out my CJ. Also got pulled over a couple of times in my 06 PT Cruiser. Got pulled over by a female Farfax County officer who had just bought herself a PT and wanted to know where I got parts, how long, what's been done etc etc. Very nice officer (HEALTHY & CUTE) used to see her every now & wave. Another time by off duty Secret Service (that was a weird one) I was at McD's last week in Springfield and a Fairfax County officer pulled up next to me and asked could he look at my JK because he hadn't seen the color yet (Sunburst orange & completely stock) I said sure, we talked for a while then he gotr a call and had to take off.
As mentioned earlier it NEVER HURTS to have LEO as friends!

Quick Reply: Got pulled over today