Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Got pulled over today

Old 07-05-2009, 02:13 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

C'mon now, mine was just an answer. I didn't think you were trying to cut them down. There was a thread awhile back about this and some people got pretty steamed about it. I guess your post reminded me of that thread and that's why I said what I did.
Old 07-05-2009, 03:43 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, I got pulled over early this summer with no top or doors on....thought I was going to get a ticket for no doors. Just pulled me over and asked how I like the JK unlimited and loved the Rescue Green Color & Autobot stickers! Also, happened in my Dodge Magnum R/T!
Old 07-05-2009, 04:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never stopped but I have come out of a store several times to find an officer checking out the jeep. Asked me some questions, asked how liked it and said it looked good.
Old 07-05-2009, 05:06 PM
JK Freak

Two weeks ago I was at the gas station ( Jeep was thirsty) and I had one pull in front of me and get out while I was pumping gas. He had all sorts of questions. I had just trimmed my fenders and still have my spacers on so the tires stick out about 3". I just knew he would get me for that but he didn't.

He did pull out some photos and ask me if I had seen any of three people that had just excaped from the jail. Thought that was kinda ramdom.
Old 07-05-2009, 05:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 4WHLN
Two weeks ago I was at the gas station ( Jeep was thirsty) and I had one pull in front of me and get out while I was pumping gas. He had all sorts of questions. I had just trimmed my fenders and still have my spacers on so the tires stick out about 3". I just knew he would get me for that but he didn't.

He did pull out some photos and ask me if I had seen any of three people that had just excaped from the jail. Thought that was kinda ramdom.
Hmmmm, maybe you fit the profile of accomplices
Old 07-05-2009, 08:21 PM
JK Junkie

Scottrock just had it happen to him last month. But it just so happened that the cop who pulled him over was another forum member.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:17 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Bodo
Hey, MK, I know cops are people too and in no way was trying to cut them down. I know several and will ask them when I see them. All I was asking was that I was unaware they could pull you over just to shoot the shit. I figure they have rules and regs just like everyone else and could possibly be facing repercussions if someone complained about it. I would be happy to talk "Jeep", "Concealed Carry"and "whatever else". C'mon now, it was just a question!!

Hey folks, as a cop I can tell you that stopping someone on the road while in your patrol car would not be a legal stop since the cop would have to use a level of force to do so, lights, siren, etc... However; if he walks up to you or approaches while in a parking lot, etc… just to shoot the shit, that is cool, and is called a mere encounter, and as long as you are willing to talk to him its all good. But if he did stop you on the street in his patrol car, and told you right off the bat that he just wanted to BS about your JK, and you were cool with it, then again, all is good.

Now, if you don’t like cops, and didn’t like the fact that he stopped you for no reason; then yes, he could get in trouble if you reported it. But if that were the case I’d make damn sure your Jeep is legal in all aspects of the law, since you may see him again, and I'm sure he'd have a different attitude toward you and your Jeep.

I’ve stopped people a few times to check out their rides, and most people are excited to talk about them. I’ve never had anyone get mad or report me for doing so.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Hasn't happened in the Jeep but a PA State Trooper pulled me over to check out my RX-7. No other reason but he said "I heard you go by so I thought I'd check it out."
Old 07-06-2009, 06:39 AM
JK Freak

Default Looking straight ahead 10 & 2 position.

I love when I stop behind or beside any nice ride while in traffic or at a red light. I look over at the operator, who, while knowing I'm there, remain innocently nervous, as they don't look in my direction, turn down their stereo, and re-check their seat belt. It is when I comment on their ride, that they relax, and bond for a moment. After the light changes, I usually regret not "throwing in a shoe", and enjoy having a day off myself. Previous comments were correct with effecting a m/v stop without just cause, however I take full advantage with talking shop when we are off the public roadways. Just ran into a 1986 white "Larado" purchased from "Collins Brothers Jeep" in Texas, (looked show room). How could one resist ? it's a sickness that has no employment boundaries.

Last edited by Orangutan; 07-06-2009 at 10:17 AM.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

prolly happens more often than you would think...I mean It is extremely hard for me to speed in my jeep...(cough...3.8....coughhh)

Quick Reply: Got pulled over today