Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Got Pulled Over Today

Old 07-21-2008, 07:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Come move to Michigan lol Seems there are no rules here. I know they don't bother you for no doors, but i see jeeps with no mirrors all the time. I went out and bought a mirror for mine to be on the safe side lol Not that I use it lol
Old 07-22-2008, 09:22 AM
JK Newbie

Default cop jeeper

Hey guys, I live in brooklyn ny and most people there unfourtunatly have jk's just as another "SUV" But last week for the first time i took off the top and doors and it was LEGENDARY!! untill about 20 min into driving when i got pulled by an NYPD officer, even though i had mirrors on i was still a little nervous, i couldent afford a ticket.......the officer gets out and says hey how are ya, in a friendly manner, and asks me if i can meet him at his house when he gets off shift to help him take off his doors on his 3 week old jk. HA! how awsome!! we ended up drivin arround bklyn getting these totally awsome looks from random people. Gotta love friendly cops!! gotta get more peeps in bklyn to take their doors off itll make our community look SWEET!
Old 07-22-2008, 09:27 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ariwrangler
Hey guys, I live in brooklyn ny and most people there unfourtunatly have jk's just as another "SUV" But last week for the first time i took off the top and doors and it was LEGENDARY!! untill about 20 min into driving when i got pulled by an NYPD officer, even though i had mirrors on i was still a little nervous, i couldent afford a ticket.......the officer gets out and says hey how are ya, in a friendly manner, and asks me if i can meet him at his house when he gets off shift to help him take off his doors on his 3 week old jk. HA! how awsome!! we ended up drivin arround bklyn getting these totally awsome looks from random people. Gotta love friendly cops!! gotta get more peeps in bklyn to take their doors off itll make our community look SWEET!
LOL!!! That's a great story
Old 07-22-2008, 12:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cops don't suck. People suck! The cop who you had a bad run in with would suck just as much if they were the cashier at Best Buy.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

As much is I love driving around doorless off-road, I cant imagine how cool it would be to cruise around downtown in NYC on a nice day. I would love to see some good pics of that.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Offroadme
if a cop pulled me over and asked me where they were i would tell him they never came with the jeep. and i was waiting for them to send me some.... they got nothing better to do than to bother you with that crap.. go find someone who is under the influence.. or something who is throwing garbage out there window don't go bothering a jeeper who has his doors off..
As a retired cop, that's probably what he was doing. You make PC (probable cause) stops (that would be stops for a valid reason even if small) in order to "sniff" around for DUI's, and warrants. As said above the cop was obviously not busting his chops over the doors or he would have written the ticket.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:37 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You are far braver than I am.

Having worked around NYC in some less than desirable geographical locations, as well as in the Camden/Philly area in the exact same looking places.......

Taking covers off of malfunctioning power equipment... removing equipment access panles full of lead and copper shards...only to be able to see out the other side through various size bullet holes in the sheetmetal...

Some people in the country blast up road signs, those peole shoot holes in their electrical supply lines. In broad daylight, RIGHT NEXT TO THE LOCAL QUICKMART, PD and CHURCH.

There aint no flippin way i would drive around there with my doors off.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
You are far braver than I am.

Having worked around NYC in some less than desirable geographical locations, as well as in the Camden/Philly area in the exact same looking places.......

Taking covers off of malfunctioning power equipment... removing equipment access panles full of lead and copper shards...only to be able to see out the other side through various size bullet holes in the sheetmetal...

Some people in the country blast up road signs, those peole shoot holes in their electrical supply lines. In broad daylight, RIGHT NEXT TO THE LOCAL QUICKMART, PD and CHURCH.

There aint no flippin way i would drive around there with my doors off.

If somebody wants to punch a hole into you the Coke-can like sheet metal wouldn't stop even a cal .22 bullet, might as well leave 'em at home!

At least if you get shot you'll save the bodyshop work on those doors!

Old 07-24-2008, 08:49 AM
JK Newbie

lol, I understand you, and i cant blame you either. But i grew up in NYC, Im used to hearing all those crazy shooting stories and its not really as terrible as the news or anything else makes it sound. The real problem is theft and vandilism. I have a soft top and so far 3 times i was broken into by cutting my rear windows its costing me a fourtune to keep replacing them. I swear im gonna put a sign in the window that says " UNZIP ZIPPERS! DONT HURT THE JEEP!!"........sorry if i went off topic.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:10 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Voodoo
If somebody wants to punch a hole into you the Coke-can like sheet metal wouldn't stop even a cal .22 bullet, might as well leave 'em at home!

At least if you get shot you'll save the bodyshop work on those doors!

LMAO! I didn't mean to imply i thought my paper mache' Jeep was bulletproof! I have fired enough rounds that i know it wouldnt stop much of anything over BB caliber.

It would however, slow down a carjacker, or stop one of the hundreds of bottles and cans that got thrown at us.

Quick Reply: Got Pulled Over Today