Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Got Pulled Over Today

Old 07-12-2008, 02:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Robar
You know it's a fucking shame that some stranger doesn't get to come into your place of work and call you an asshole, insult you about a stereo type, or argue and cuss at you because you are doing your job.
Come on in and talk some shit, guy...
Old 07-12-2008, 05:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IBTL........................ its a shame too: as this was a nice thread
Old 07-12-2008, 05:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by deconstructionist
IBTL........................ its a shame too: as this was a nice thread
anyways, I was just shittin' around. Never thought I'd be quoted and angered on... I mean who doesn't love doughnuts?????
Old 07-12-2008, 08:15 PM
JK Freak

LOL! Nahhh, twern't your post. I've just been on one tooooooooo many a board and am kinda surprised this one has stayed open as long as it has- 'cause usually once someone starts negative cop comments the thread locker comes next!

//Climbing on Soap box//
For what its worth..... that immortal saying always rings true in my head whenever *bad* cops start being talked about; Namely a few rotton ones can ruin the bunch-- if not in deed then at least in name only. It is a shame too as though i hate seeing the lights behind me-- I'm sure most would not wanna trade jobs with one....... I can tell ya' after working 8 years in an ER and around a hospital you get to know quite a few cops: and they run the gammut just like every other profession. Dont let the steretypical mindset get the better of ya. While most here I'd venure are pretty secure individuals and can take care of themselves-- there is a HUGE segment of Society that cannot & well..... the cops need to be there for them. I can recall dozens of times just like Renegade was talking about-- some needless crash and somebody dead, in a coma, or seriously F+++ked up. The cops are expected to then just "forget about it" and head on back out to the highway and keep a straight face & not be a jerk when they pull over the next dumba++ doing the same thing(s) the last twerp just did that netted a hospital stay or a trip to the morgue.

There's no doubt there are bad cops: but dont let them or the fear of them jade your life towards all cops because as said above- they are all different.........
//climbing off soap box//
Old 07-13-2008, 07:48 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by justinstoffregen
Come on in and talk some shit, guy...
Originally Posted by justinstoffregen
anyways, I was just shittin' around. Never thought I'd be quoted and angered on... I mean who doesn't love doughnuts?????
easy there buddy, Robar is good friend of mine and a stand up guy. you were just one of several people early on in this thread that took a shot a cops and he just responded to all your remarks. if you've had an issue with a specific cop, by all means, let's hear about it but i'd be grateful if everyone here would refrain from generalizations and stereotypes. there are jerks everywhere - some just happen to choose law enforcement as a profession. however, it's been my experience that most cops are great guys with a thankless sh!t job and i for one am appreciative of what they do for us.

regarding this thread - i just got pulled over the other day up here in tahoe for making a rolling stop coming off of hwy 89 on to the 50. i had just come off of a long hike with my family, was really tired and just didn't see the stop sign posted being that the right lane was more like an on ramp that merges into traffic than an intersection. when the officer came up to the side of my jeep (i'm doorless up here), he said "the reason why i pulled you over is because you just blew through the stop sign like it wasn't even there - you didn't even make an attempt to stop." to which, embarrassed, i replied "i really am sorry officer, i honestly didn't see it." i explained that we were coming back from a long hike, that i was tired and understood that inspite of it, i made a dumb mistake, was responsible for it and was sorry. he then proceeded to ask if i lived in the area and for my id. as he walked back to his vehicle, my wife and i looked around our jeep and started to take inventory of all violations he could hit us up with including: 1) having no front license plate 2) tires extending beyond the fender flares 3) no 3rd brakelight and who knows what else. when he came back to us, he explained that a rolling stop was a $300 violation, handed me my license back, asked me to be more aware of the stop signs as well as the speed limit as the area i was driving in was only 45 mph as opposed to the 55 mph lenght of road that i was on and said to have a good day - NO TICKET!!

Last edited by wayoflife; 07-13-2008 at 09:26 AM.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:53 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yowzas! $300 bones for a rolling stop. As you said, it could have been worse I suppose.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Been riding doorless for 4 years in florida and never got a glance.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:25 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JackMac4
Yowzas! $300 bones for a rolling stop. As you said, it could have been worse I suppose.
my apologies - i should have clarified that i got NO TICKET
Old 07-13-2008, 09:09 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Robar
You know it's a fucking shame that some stranger doesn't get to come into your place of work and call you an asshole, insult you about a stereo type, or argue and cuss at you because you are doing your job.

Lol true isn't it? I love when everyone thinks we should give them breaks for everything under the sun, and then cry like a 2 year old about how they pay my salary and yada yada yada. Actually the Shiity of Shitcago pays my salary and the violations I write pay my salary a lot more than the taxes to. Granted, it isn't a law out here (to have the doors on) even if it was I wouldn't write it but I would warn you, once the next time I would write it.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Got pulled over too:

"Where's your doors?"
"Sold 'em!"
"Huh? What you mean?"
"Gas is up too high, give 1 door get 1 fill up"
"Don't be funny, where's your doors?"
"At home!"
"You can't drive without doors!"
"What law states I can't?"
"Don't know, but you can't!"
"Believe me officer, I checked ALL of the italian traffic regulation and there's no single word about REMOVING original equipment!"
"HA! GOT YOU! Law 182..."
"No, this one says you can't bolt on NON OEM equipment!"
"Mumble... you'right! I could give you a ticket for your non original mirror mounts then!"
"You're right..."
"Forget it, love your Jeep!"
"Thanks, have a nice day!"

Quick Reply: Got Pulled Over Today