Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Got Pulled Over Today

Old 07-01-2008, 06:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZenGirl
When I worked retail, I had strangers call me an asshole lol.
Cops and donuts = stereotype? I don't think so lol I once worked at a donut shop and all the cops hung out there and got free coffee and donuts all the time.
Here in Michigan, You can pass by most shops especially at night and see a cop car in the lot LOL
Sorry I had to comment LOL
If you wanted to know why cops are seen in donut shoppes and convenience stores all the time, its because that where the robberies occur. the free coffee was offered as a means to have a steadier police presence at odd hours and times. Convenience stores do it for the same reason....

if thats a stereotype....be glad when theres one coming into get some coffee....there probably wont be a robbery when hes there...

a cop was killed in Phila last year for entering a donut place before his shift...he walked in on a robbery in progress at 7 am and got killed for it.....

stereotype my ass.....bash cops all u want there will be a day you might need one....
Old 07-01-2008, 06:52 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JacksJeep
It seems to be that some of the anger in this thread is misplaced. Police officers enforce laws enacted by elected officials. Elected officials are elected by us. Officers did not decide that doors cannot be removed. Legislators did. When civil law is based upon fundamental principles of justice (do not murder, do not steal, do not bear false witness), it has moral force as well as civil enforcement. But when laws are arbitrary and incoherent, then respect for law in general declines. We pretend to be a free society, but we have long ago accepted a level of arbitrary regulation and inconsistent enforcement that would have appalled our forefathers. The police officer is given the task of enforcing both laws concerning fundamental justice and enforcing arbitrary and sometimes inane regulation. It’s a difficult task. Most do it well. The same cannot be said for our legislators as a class.
I think the point of this is the lack of equal enforcement for this minor offense....if there was some sort of standard for enforcement not only in law enforcement in general but even dept to dept. Seems that there is only a certain few cops that will even bother you for it.....
Old 07-01-2008, 07:50 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by blackjkrubi
this is so funny....... maybe because it's the only place open 24/7 for a quick meal and coffee cause we don't have time to sit down for a real meal in case we have to respond to an urgent call to save one sorry ass like yours.... sorry I had to comment......
You picked the job, live with the responsibilities.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:53 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by paratus13
A ticket for no doors in Canton, GA? I've been doorless for about 2 weeks now....been to Canton several times without tham....no issues. I'm not the only doorless jeep around. I see 3-4 a day...
GA code states that you are required to have one unobstructed rearward facing mirror. There is not a single line about doors on any vehicle... i want to take the doors of my accord instead of fixing the A/C
Old 07-12-2008, 03:41 AM
JK Newbie

If I was pulled over by an officer for the doors being off, I would politely show him the Jeep manual which instructs the owner how to remove the doors.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:24 AM
JK Freak

Talking

Originally Posted by blackjkrubi
this is so funny....... maybe because it's the only place open 24/7 for a quick meal and coffee cause we don't have time to sit down for a real meal in case we have to respond to an urgent call to save one sorry ass like yours.... sorry I had to comment......
Amen, man.

This thread starts off with a dude who didn't get a ticket and now cops are doughnut eating assholes???
Old 07-12-2008, 10:24 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 07JKX
attorney's come in handy much more often than cops do... besides... the cops show up after the SHTF anyways
Hmm...I haven't even looked at this thread for several weeks and I walk back into THIS type of comment...
I probably shouldn't even comment right now, but here it goes:

1. Have you ever had to go into the bedroom of a guy who is pointing a shotgun at the door, waiting for you to come get him? The very shotgun that he just shot his own mother with?

2. Do the worst citizens of your community hate you just because you came to work today?

4. Have you ever heard the dying breaths of 4 kids who just smacked a tree at 90+ mph?

5. Have you ever performed CPR on someone you've never met before in an attempt to save their life, not knowing what diseases they might have had?

6. Have you ever sat out in the freezing cold for hours on end trying to talk a disturbed person into putting down the gun they have pointed at their head?

7. Has anyone ever actually tried to kill you?

I could go on and on, but my guess is that your answer would be "No" to all of these questions...

Last edited by Renegade; 07-14-2008 at 11:01 AM.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Passed a cop the other day with the top down, mirrors off, and doors off on a busy street in downtown indianapolis. Cop stopped in the lane, pulled a u-turn as i was stopping at the light and pulled up next to me real fast. (Thought it was going to be my first ticket in the jeep)

Cop pulled up looked up at me and said "DUDE I LOVE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE TO YOUR JEEP) I was totally dumbfounded and I was like ok thanks bud. We had a conversation at the light about my jeep and then he pulled some guy over two blocks down the street.

CRAZY
Old 07-12-2008, 10:59 AM
JK Super Freak

RANT ON....

So......I get pulled all the time....hardly ever for anything in particular.....but they see I'm not drunk, not being stupid......and it usually ends with "nice Jeep, what cha got done to it" and a "have a nice night.....".....

...if I got a ticket it's usually because I was doing something I wasn't supposed to be doing......

.....by this time of my life I could have gotten a 1,000 trespassing tickets...but they always just say "get on outta here" and..."that's a nice Jeep"....maybe it's just a NC thing but.....

....I've been cut alot of breaks...and that is the wrong time to call a cop an "ASSHOLE"...cause he cut you a break?...........

.....let us know when you have a real problem like...you and your wife have just been t-boned on your motorcycle causing you to loose your left leg.....and the officer on the scene happens to know the underage kid who hit you and writes a false police report saying your coming from the complete opposite direction then placing fault on me....when I WAS HIT FROM THE REAR.........that cop has been fired.....

let us know when you encounter one of the few cops that is actually not doing his job!

RANT OFF
Old 07-12-2008, 10:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

I wish that was the reason I got pulled over for not having doors

Quick Reply: Got Pulled Over Today