Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Got Pulled Over Today

Old 06-30-2008, 04:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hilldweller
At some point somebody is going to have to get a ticket and challenge it in court --- and win. Hopefully it will be a Jeeper that is fairly articulate and even-tempered.
Once it's established as a precedent, then the case can be referred to and they'll leave us alone.
It's already been done.. and the Jeeper lost.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here in BC canada , according to a DOT officer, Jeeps are the only vehicle legally allowed to run without doors, for the same reason, OE. OE allows you to remove them, they are built to remove and not part of the structural integrity of the jeep.

However your mirror missing will get you into a mess real quick. So as far as i know, Im 100% ok to run stripped right down as long as i have a mirror relocation kit.

He even metioned this.. and i quote. "a windshield is not required in any vehicle" , however you must have a set of functioning wipers and squirters.So that means if i ever feel like totally experiancing the WIDE OPEN feeling by flipping the windshield down. Aparrently im allowed to.Friken eh!

This information is from a meeting with a DOT Officer Few of the local cubs set it up. We now have all the facts of what we can do cant do.. Great discussions from this.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:35 PM
JK Freak

I wonder if when you buy the jeep you ask the dealer to remove the doors while you sign the papers if that would mean you bought it without doors as OE equipment? Then you could just add the doors on once the papers were signed.

I hate stupid laws that get enforced.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Seriously officer? Seriously? Where's your doughnut? hehehehe.... easy for me to say with no inspection at ALL in Florida.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:39 PM
JK Newbie

I pulled over a JK last week to ask him about the Warn bumper, Power plant and nice lift. We talked for about 20mins about jeeps.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:47 PM
JK Freak

In FLA you can drive a camaro without doors.. I think you can even drive a little china built 4wheeler quad thing,, I've been to Fla,, Ive seen some of the "things" they let on the road down there.. after seeing that I kinda like our inspections!
Old 06-30-2008, 05:58 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by RWA612
Wow, some cops are real assholes.
Originally Posted by Offroadme
if a cop pulled me over and asked me where they were i would tell him they never came with the jeep. and i was waiting for them to send me some.... they got nothing better to do than to bother you with that crap.. go find someone who is under the influence.. or something who is throwing garbage out there window don't go bothering a jeeper who has his doors off..
Originally Posted by justinstoffregen
Seriously officer? Seriously? Where's your doughnut? hehehehe.... easy for me to say with no inspection at ALL in Florida.
You know it's a fucking shame that some stranger doesn't get to come into your place of work and call you an asshole, insult you about a stereo type, or argue and cuss at you because you are doing your job.

Last edited by Robar; 06-30-2008 at 07:54 PM.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Old 06-30-2008, 06:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Old 06-30-2008, 06:44 PM
JK Junkie

Ohio and PA are the 2 worst places in the US to live to be harassed by police. A while back the US Government told the Ohio state police to relax a bit on the tickets they give out or their state funding would be cut back. The Ohio state police replied "Go ahead and cut our funding we will issue more tickets to make up the difference!"

Most Police departments set a quota for the officers each month. If you ever drive through Ohio at the end of the month watch for the cops they are all trying to meet their quota and will issue you a ticket for 5 miles over the speed limit. What funny if you as them if they have a quota to meet they will become very defensive and say "NO!" But I have proof they do.....A Brother-in-Law that is a Ohio State Trooper.

I talked with one trooper in Ohio that actually gave his own mother a ticket for speeding! And he's proud of it!

from my age of 18 to 27I got 8 tickets in Ohio (seven speeding and one from not using my turn signal when changing lanes on the turnpike with no other cars in sight) and one in PA for sitting on my Sea-Doo in ankle deep water resting on the shore without a life vest waiting for the trailer to be driven into the ramp. I have lived in 3 other states since then and I have never received a ticket since... It is nice having no tickets on my record now.....CHEAP INSURANCE!

Last edited by whpony96; 06-30-2008 at 06:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Got Pulled Over Today