Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Got pulled over for...

Old 07-23-2012, 08:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KY JK
I think he was just checking out your ride!!!
Yeah partly I think. He did comment on how nice it looked. He liked the Tuffy underseat storage as well and mentioned what a great place that would be to stash a handgun. This was after I told him that I was going for my proof of insurance and sloooowly opened it.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:36 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RGV08JK
He was pulling your leg with that threat. At least in texas the only arrestable class c misdemeanor offenses are PI, Speeding, and Failure to sign for your appearance in court on the ticket.

Most peeps just throw them up against the windshield its enough to keep you legal...
The bumper looks really good without the damn license plate.

It's currently riding in the floorboard.....really why is this necessary? The actual registration is a sticker on the windshield right? What's the front plate for?
Old 07-23-2012, 12:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tomb
I got pulled over the other night by a local cop (respectful and totally cool like most). As I was pulling over I was thinking to myself "no doors, tires hanging out 4", smoked side markers and signals?"

Just a warning to remove my license plate covers. Wasn't expecting that.
Lucky,

Here they would give you a ticket for sure, and then go over the rest of your vehicle to see if anything else merits a ticket.. Some times they will even measure your track width vs frame heights to see if your vehicles is too tall for its wheel base.. or check for fluid leaks, missing mud flaps etc...
Old 07-23-2012, 02:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Tomb-

Glad to see a home boy testing the waters for me. Was that the Snohomish police that pulled you over? I wasnt sure what the laws is, and assume everything I want to do is illegal.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flienlow
Tomb-

Glad to see a home boy testing the waters for me. Was that the Snohomish police that pulled you over? I wasnt sure what the laws is, and assume everything I want to do is illegal.
Yeah Snohomish, got stopped on Bickford on the way to get ice cream with the fam. I've passed many local police in the past and haven't had issues. No biggie though, easy fix and now my National Park plates are more visible!
Old 07-23-2012, 04:51 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Noxian

Lucky,

Here they would give you a ticket for sure, and then go over the rest of your vehicle to see if anything else merits a ticket.. Some times they will even measure your track width vs frame heights to see if your vehicles is too tall for its wheel base.. or check for fluid leaks, missing mud flaps etc...
Whoa, where is this place i must avoid.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:47 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by texwillys

The bumper looks really good without the damn license plate.

It's currently riding in the floorboard.....really why is this necessary? The actual registration is a sticker on the windshield right? What's the front plate for?
Put it on your windshield inside the dash. Most cops fire there lasers at your plates (unless its the wave kind) . I got pulled over in my xj i need mud flaps for my 31s. Made me giggle. No ticket just warning

Quick Reply: Got pulled over for...