Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Got my Xenon replacements today

Old 07-17-2008, 07:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my Xenon replacements today

Pretty cool, Craig Way (Doc Xenon) had the mold rebuilt for the 2-dr JKs to omit the saggy rear narrow fenders caused by bolting on the old mold version which were designed for 4-dr JKs (2 and 4 dr JKs are not the same shape). Just received my box today, one pass front replacement (mine had some kind of overspray imbedded in the plastic) and two newly designed rears. I got home to find a big box sitting there , the rears look great, no bow, will install one of these weekends and have a set of spares when or if I break them.

NEW PICS:

Few before and after shots, it's obvious which are old and new, Xenon did a great job on the new 2-dr versions, all the bolt holes lined up great and more importantly the new flares fit into the recess perfect, no sagging at all. I have a pair of spares now at least for a crunch. Oh yeah they also got rid of the funky gaps that left the body color showing, you'll see that in the pics where the black paint shows, it's all covered by the flares now. I'm finally really happy with them, until I get some metal style one day

OLD

NEW

Last edited by SASQUATCH; 07-19-2008 at 08:13 PM.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:20 AM
JK Jedi

Cool. I really like their narrow flares and am leaning toward running them with minimal suspension lift when I go to 35's.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by karnuvore
I have a 4 door and the front fenders are doing fine, but the rears look like theyre starting to sag. You got some contact info for this guy? PM me if you do.

I was afraid of that. They had the support frame for the front, but not the rear. I was going to get someone to fab me something up, but if they'll fix the problem themselves, all the better.
I did have Craig's contact # but lost it when ATT replaced my phone, I forgot to transfer my #'s to the SIM card. Google, call the main # and it's extension 318 if I remember correctly. You're the first I've heard of a 4-dr rear sagging. I came up with a bracket design that would work but held off because they were fixing the mold. Do you have the narrow or wides?
Old 07-18-2008, 01:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

awesome!! buuuuuuuut i'm still waiting on my set from quadratec
Old 07-18-2008, 02:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JeepinMass
awesome!! buuuuuuuut i'm still waiting on my set from quadratec
How long have you been waiting? I was considering a couple things from them, think I'll call and make them swear by phone blood that it's in stock before I order, I don't do backorders, never have never will.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:53 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SASQUATCH
How long have you been waiting? I was considering a couple things from them, think I'll call and make them swear by phone blood that it's in stock before I order, I don't do backorders, never have never will.
I called 6 dealers and none of them have them in stock. Quadratec gave me the best ETA so I went with them. They said 2-3 weeks. 4 people are waiting, including myself. I wasn't charged for them yet, so no worries. I'll call in 2 weeks and what the eta is. If it's changed i'll cancel my order and call those 6 places again for an update.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:21 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Dammit all, I reckon I'll have to do it first.

Old 07-19-2008, 04:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
Dammit all, I reckon I'll have to do it first.

relax slappy I gotta get my energy level up this morning first ...I'm workin on it here in the next few minutes
Old 07-19-2008, 08:14 PM
JK Super Freak

New pics added.
Old 07-20-2008, 04:39 PM
JK Freak

they look awesome

/whisper
wish I had mine
/end whisper

Quick Reply: Got my Xenon replacements today