Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Got my new plates approved.

Old 07-30-2007, 01:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rugbyduck
No...I do get it. It's all of "Neckcar" that we out West do not get. Kinda like the rest of the US has never really warmed up to soccer...out this way we really enjoy going right once in awhile!
Hmmm...you-uns out west don't get the number one spectator sport in the US...you should go to one, you don't know what you're missing.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Sounds like some of you guys aren't playing well together.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jeepthrill
How bout MINIHMR
Just kidding, thought I'd take some heat of WestgaParrotHead that'll be coming when all the red-necks read his joke
I've actually seen the plate HUMTHIS, which I thought was funny as hell. lol
Old 08-01-2007, 07:54 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by yetibear
Soccer? Soccer? Soccer?
I'm no fan of NASCAR, but good god, to hold Soccer up as a sport is like saying the French bathe regularly. All right, the french bathe once a month, weather they need to or not, and soccer is a sport, just not a very good one!

To say that the French bathe regularly is like saying you know when to use "whether" instead of "weather."

'Weather or knot you think sew,' Soccer is the greatest sport in the world.

I like the OUUUO plate....Very original.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by souvlaki99
To say that the French bathe regularly is like saying you know when to use "whether" instead of "weather."

your absolutly right, now go read every other post I have made and point out every time I use than instead of then, or maybe I have used threw instead of through. And I miss spell fairly often also, so if it wood make you happy, you can go back and correct all my spelling errors for me, at least it would be more intresting then watching soccer. Perhaps you would also like to watch for punctuation errors, and don't forget capitalization, wouldn't want you to miss that. In fact why don't you diagram every sentence anyone has written on this forum, then you will be able to examine our sentence structure and point out all our gramatical flaws. Still, you would have more fun than if you were suffering through a soccer game.

Soccer the sport of the great unwashed masses!

Have at it Sister Mary, what ever floats your boat.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Oh and by the way, good catch or the weather, whether. I never really noticed I did that one. I can, most of the time catch which and witch, but I never noticed the whether one. I guess I just read right over that. The pitfalls of self editing. But if you do go back looking don't point out all the times I slip in the possessive instead of the plural form, for some reason my mind loves to slip in that inappropriate ' just before the s.
Must be I wasn't hit in the head, with a soccer ball, enough, during my formative years!

oh, one more thing, I used heard instead of herd the other day!
Old 08-02-2007, 08:14 AM
JK Newbie

Wow....

Such a little, trivial comment I make can have such an impact on someone.

Enough that I get two replies.....at a 7 hour interval. Couldn't sleep at night?

Back to plates..... I like "HUMTHIS"
Old 08-02-2007, 08:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Wow....

Such a little, trivial comment I make can have such an impact on someone.

Enough that I get two replies.....at a 7 hour interval. Couldn't sleep at night?

Back to plates..... I like "HUMTHIS"
No, no real impact at all, except I did find it amusing, hope it was ment that way. And I slept fine, but it is my week to get the wee one out to school, so I need to be up sooner the/an I like. While they were eating I read my reply from last night and it read harsher then I ment it to. I just wanted to lighten it up a little with out editing what I had written.
This isn't a creative writing course, so I really don't worry about minor mistakes or typos. And I did think it was funny, it was a mistake I bet I have made a thousand times, along with a few million others, and you did a good job battering me with it. All is fair in flame skirmishes, and you pulled out an unexpected trump card. I tip my hat to you.

But as to soccer, at least the Canadians were smart enough to put the game on ice, give the players clubs, and strap knives to the bottom of their feet. They found a way to add excitement to the game, something soccer is greatly lacking!

Old 08-02-2007, 09:14 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dammit dont go and spell everything right, ill never be able to read again.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
dammit dont go and spell everything right, ill never be able to read again.
once in a blew moon, Happy, once in a blew moon

Quick Reply: Got my new plates approved.