Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Got the lean

Old 09-17-2009, 09:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got the lean

On my JK, my front passenger side droops by an inch. all other 3 corners are the same.
I did three measurements that have me confused...
1) I measured from the lower axle spring perch to the bottom of the top sprint perch and it is the same on both sides
2) I measured the distance from on top of the tire to the bottom of the fender (one is not bent, they are the same) and it is a full inch different.
3) I measured from the ground (level) to the bottom of the bumper and it is off by a 1/2 inch.
You can see the difference from looking at it from the front...

Has anyone else run into this? It is a rubicon with the e-discos. This happened on my last lift and still there after installing the new lift so I am pretty sure it is not the lift components. Any advise would be great!
Old 09-17-2009, 10:16 PM
JK Junkie

got "that bonified gangsta lean"
i think maybe there is some kind of leveling kit available
Old 09-17-2009, 11:42 PM
JK Freak

gas tank is on the passenger side so there is more weight and also what side of your winch has the motor ? with an empty tank you should be about an 1/8 " lower on the passenger side so full that is 22 gallons that is a lot of weight that is my
Old 09-17-2009, 11:57 PM
JK Freak

Possible bent swaybar....or, if like my Jeep, if the swaybar is disconnected then it leans to which ever side has more weight.

Edit: Also, you did just get into an accident, i'd think about having your frame looked at a little closer.

Last edited by SquareLJ; 09-18-2009 at 12:00 AM.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:57 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SquareLJ
Possible bent swaybar....or, if like my Jeep, if the swaybar is disconnected then it leans to which ever side has more weight.

Edit: Also, you did just get into an accident, i'd think about having your frame looked at a little closer.

good call i would look at that
Old 09-18-2009, 07:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08jk4door
gas tank is on the passenger side so there is more weight and also what side of your winch has the motor ? with an empty tank you should be about an 1/8 " lower on the passenger side so full that is 22 gallons that is a lot of weight that is my
It's a full inch. The gas tank being full or not would account for 1/8 and it would be in front and back I think.

Originally Posted by SquareLJ

I'll check my swaybar, but this was going on before the accident. I am starting to wonder if it is the e-disco or the actual Jeep.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:36 AM
JK Junkie

Your Jeep just wants to have attitude and lean with it. I think you should lean the other way and then you won't notice it.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rangleme
Your Jeep just wants to have attitude and lean with it. I think you should lean the other way and then you won't notice it.
Hahaha that was funny!
Old 09-18-2009, 02:51 PM
JK Junkie

is it leaning like this,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqsrq34qDyk

Last edited by SGT.; 09-18-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:21 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SGT.
I THINK THAT IS HOW IT LEANS

Quick Reply: Got the lean