Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Got in an accident :(

Old 02-09-2015, 07:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I called back and the manager was going to be there for awhile. I had to grab some things I forgot. Fortunately I didn't have a whole lot of time to detail my Jeep since my last wheeling adventure. When I was looking it over the majority of things were still muddy. It'll be blatantly obvious if they don't at least take it off to inspect and clean. Like you said they're getting paid and paid well..so I don't think I'd have to worry about that. Haven't ran into that type of thing at a dealer before, but I'll know what to look for. He now knows I'm not an idiot lol.

I didn't have any vibrations that I could tell in the steering wheel or seat of the pants. That said, what was left of the flare was causing quite the commotion rubbing on the M/T's. Time will tell. Everything structural looked good to me on the lift.

I'm hopefully going to be able to get an LoD rear bumper/tire carrier out of the deal. That was next on my list anyway. The fenders can wait...I'll just chop them like I had planned. I'm putting on coil overs and 37's when my tax return shows up, so a tire carrier is more important to me.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:57 PM
JK Newbie

Jeep should be done at the end of next week. I don't know the status or ETA of the rear LoD bumper...hopefully I'll be seeing it shortly.

I did pick up my Brawler Lite from powder coat today. Turned out great

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150220_174626.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	597940
Old 02-21-2015, 02:18 AM
Former Member

Originally Posted by D_engel
Thats a bummer.. Based on the condition of his car and the lack of insurance, I'd have to assume hes been in quite a few of these incidents. Some people truly should not be allowed behind the wheel .
Truly something is wrong with a place that allows people to drive without insurance
If you can't afford insurance you surely can't afford to compensate the family of the person you killed while driving. WTF
Could someone please post a list of non insurance compliant states so that I might avoid driving through them?
Eastern European countries of the former Soviet Union need not respond. They have the same insurance issues and when you rent a car in Europe you get told right away to keep out of those areas.
Old 02-21-2015, 03:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 101gargoyles

Truly something is wrong with a place that allows people to drive without insurance
If you can't afford insurance you surely can't afford to compensate the family of the person you killed while driving. WTF
Could someone please post a list of non insurance compliant states so that I might avoid driving through them?
Eastern European countries of the former Soviet Union need not respond. They have the same insurance issues and when you rent a car in Europe you get told right away to keep out of those areas.
I'm not sure it's legal anywhere. But I know here in TN, I got in an accident with an illegal. Uninsured and at fault. You can't buy insurance if you don't have a driver's license or a SS#. They get arrested, make bail and do it again. Hard to prevent in that scenario.
Old 02-21-2015, 03:35 PM
Former Member

Originally Posted by Cutman
I'm not sure it's legal anywhere. But I know here in TN, I got in an accident with an illegal. Uninsured and at fault. You can't buy insurance if you don't have a driver's license or a SS#. They get arrested, make bail and do it again. Hard to prevent in that scenario.
That bites big time. Roadside public B-slapping may help a bit
Old 02-21-2015, 06:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 101gargoyles

That bites big time. Roadside public B-slapping may help a bit
I was pissed. Apparently it happened to her as she was pulling into her place of employment (KFC). Her boss came out and pleaded with me to let her go. She made a phone call and a car full of her homies pulled up and stared at us as we filled out the paperwork. Then the cop told me to leave bc they were taking her to jail. I obliged. I'm sure she was let out in time for dinner. Effed up system :(
Old 02-21-2015, 07:02 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A few years ago, I was hit by an uninsured motorist on the way home from picking up my brand new JK from the dealership. In NC, you are required to purchase an uninsured motorist policy for these type situations... thank goodness...

2 hours old, 120 miles.... rolled me 3 times...

Old 02-22-2015, 06:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by scooby snacks
A few years ago, I was hit by an uninsured motorist on the way home from picking up my brand new JK from the dealership. In NC, you are required to purchase an uninsured motorist policy for these type situations... thank goodness...

2 hours old, 120 miles.... rolled me 3 times...
That sucks. Hopefully it didn't mess you up too bad.
Old 02-22-2015, 07:50 AM
JK Newbie

Glad you're still here to tell the story...looks like a HARD hit! While it's not mandatory in my area, I'm happy that I chose to spend a little extra on the Uninsured Motorist policy. I have to pay my $250 deductible, but that will be refunded promptly.

In total both stock bumpers were $856. At least that covered the PSC bumper, powder coat, and 4 shackles. I had to buy the LoD Gen. 4 shorty and Rigids completely out of pocket. Although I spent a hell of a lot more than I wanted to, this accident definitely fast tracked modding my Jeep haha. Because I used a little of the $$ that was put aside for the lift, I'll have to continue starring at my stack of 37" Nitto's and JE Reel driveshafts for a few. Beadlocks and coil overs will be ordered shortly.

Spent a little time yesterday tapping the fog light holes to 10-32 and making a plate to go behind the Spyder cutout. Also had to run a die over the 1/2-13 mounting studs since the powder coater didn't mask them off . I was going to paint the ARB shackles black and paint the plate gunmetal. The red accents have grown on me...we'll see how long it lasts but I'm rolling with red for now.

Name:	Fog_Mount.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	598161

Name:	Plate.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	598162

Name:	Plate_Mount.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	598163

Last edited by Havoc40; 02-22-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Quick Reply: Got in an accident :(