Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Goodyear Wrangler Authority A/T

Old 05-29-2009, 04:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
Black08X, I owe you an apology friend. So, here it is. I'm sorry. I guess I say a lot of things jokingly that don't get taken that way, and that's my fault.

Now....about the tread design.......take a look at the Toyo Open Countyr MT. Like the Firestone, it's surprisingly similar. After some careful thought, I've thought about the new Goodyears here, the Hankooks and one or two more...but I think I am going to go with the Goodyear Duratecs. I've changed my mind so much though, who the hell knows?
No sweat Red, I'm sorry too man. Don't deny the guys around here your knowledge over such a small thing. It's over.

That Firestone Revo does look pretty similar to the Goodyear. They look cool but tires like that only last about 20 thousand miles or so as they tend to be soft compound for better traction.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:15 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ccdjeep
yeah yeah make fun of my goodyear SRA's...I bet I'm one of the few left on this forum still running those. 31K and still got pretty decent wear. Hey I'm paying for the damn things...
You are not alone!
Old 05-29-2009, 04:18 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by priell3
You are not alone!
I still have mine too. Even if I get new ones, I will wear the SRAs out....maybe. LMAO. It just seems like tire prices are coming down for some strange reason right now, so that's why I was lookin.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:25 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ZoSo-Green
and now for your viewing pleasure...

Wow, that is one skinny tire! but I bet thats a pretty good performing AT - real deep tread and lug would be nice for when you do go offroad. I might have to look at a set of those to replace my SRAs on my WK.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:22 PM
cfr
JK Freak

Wading through the BS...

I saw these in the store, but it was very late (24-hour store) and nobody was around to answer questions.

Anyone have the list of available sizes? No info at walmart.com.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:43 PM
cfr
JK Freak

Originally Posted by cfr
...Anyone have the list of available sizes? No info at walmart.com.
Stopped by again today and there was a new sign with the sizes listed. There are only 9 sizes. Biggest was about a 31.

31x10.5x15
235/85/16E
265/75/16C
265/75/16E
245/75/17E
265/70/17C
265/70/17E

Also confirmed no mileage warranty. Too small. No warranty. Not interested.

FYI
Old 06-03-2009, 08:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just happen to walk through the Wal-Mart tire section yesterday and they were putting these tires out on display and stacking them in the middle of the isle. They look like really good tires. The tread depth is thick.

The first thing I asked the (who looked to be the one in charge) manager if they had them in 35s and unfortunatly no. But he also replied with, "Do you know how many people have asked me that today."
Old 09-30-2009, 09:22 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When a manufacturer makes a Walmart-only product they typically lower the cost by using cheaper materials, processes, and labor (China). This is discussed without bias in
"The Walmart Effect."

Levis did this with their Signature Series jeans, while Toro refused to do the same with their mowers.

The easiest place,to save money on a tire would be sidewall construction, and I read a poster Jeep forum saying the the sidewall was not stiff.

Last edited by YellowToy; 09-30-2009 at 09:25 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:43 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another good film is "Walmart: the high cost of low prices" very eye opening. They won't get my business anymore.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

somebody buy a set i wanna see the results. i saw these at a walmart while we were moving my girlfriend into college down in KY and i checked out the sizes and all that but was still curious about the tire. when i saw this thread i was excited that maybe somebody got them but it seems not. Red said something about the duratrac? those tires i have heard great reviews on and they look great! a very very aggressive A/T that has big lugs and a good sidewall. also those tires and heavy rated for snow, which is great! my next tires i believe will be the Duratrac as well. fantastic tire.

Quick Reply: Goodyear Wrangler Authority A/T