Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Goodyear Wrangler Authority A/T

Old 05-28-2009, 02:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In 2006, California-based Royal Marketing Inc. made a deal to distribute photographic paper made by China Lucky Film Corp. It wasn't long before Royal Marketing's customers started to complain that the paper was junk, and the company's vice president, Farshid Ourian, learned it did not meet U.S. quality standards.
I bet it passed inspection though. LOL

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...est=latestnews
Old 05-28-2009, 02:58 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Black08X
I know the Destinations are better than the SRA's but than I wasn't the one around here lumping "all" firestone tires into the crap category. That other guy was right about man, you're pretty much a blowhard jerk that likes to act like you know everything when in reality, you really aren't that bright. Something else I've been wondering about is the fact that you've generated over five thousand posts in fifteen months. I don't think you even have Jeep pal, and if you do you never drive it because obviously you live on this forum.
You and I joined the same month and year and you have 4800 (roughly) more posts than I do. Get a life.
You know, you're right. I DO have a life. I live on disability, bacause I was injured on the job by a practical joke. I've told the story on here before. More than once. So, my life pretty much consists OF the computer, and the few things that I CAN do when I am feeling well, including messin with the Jeep I DO have and there are plenty pics of on here, AND more than one member has seen. I was bein funny with the braille comment....but I wouldn't ever intentionally be cruel. So with that, screw all of yall. Next time someone sends a PM asking my opinion on something....which happens at least once a week, I won't be here to answer. I don't have to take this kinda crap. You're absolutely right.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:02 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
You know, you're right. I DO have a life. I live on disability, bacause I was injured on the job by a practical joke. I've told the story on here before. More than once. So, my life pretty much consists OF the computer, and the few things that I CAN do when I am feeling well, including messin with the Jeep I DO have and there are plenty pics of on here, AND more than one member has seen. I was bein funny with the braille comment....but I wouldn't ever intentionally be cruel. So with that, screw all of yall. Next time someone sends a PM asking my opinion on something....which happens at least once a week, I won't be here to answer. I don't have to take this kinda crap. You're absolutely right.
Sorry to hear about your injury redneck, but buddy, when you talk down to me you get it in return. I suppose the same goes for most people around here.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:45 PM
JK Jedi Master

Lets get back on topic, take it to PM's if you guys want to continue
Old 05-28-2009, 06:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
Lets get back on topic, take it to PM's if you guys want to continue
I'm done with it myself.

Now, as I was saying, I wouldn't want any tire that was sold exclusively at Wal-Mart, Goodyear or not.

Lot's of guys swear by the Springfield XD pistols for instance, but it's really just a rebadged Croatian pistol. Springfield puts their stamp on it and jacks up the price a couple hundred bucks.

I wouldn't be surprised if something like that was happening with this tire. I don't know that it is, but again, it's Wal-Mart and I just don't like Wal-Mart so maybe it's my bias, but there it is.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

yeah yeah make fun of my goodyear SRA's...I bet I'm one of the few left on this forum still running those. 31K and still got pretty decent wear. Hey I'm paying for the damn things...
Old 05-28-2009, 10:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and now for your viewing pleasure...

Old 05-29-2009, 12:00 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ccdjeep
yeah yeah make fun of my goodyear SRA's...I bet I'm one of the few left on this forum still running those. 31K and still got pretty decent wear. Hey I'm paying for the damn things...
Hey I never called you out bro. LOL
Old 05-29-2009, 12:02 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ZoSo-Green
and now for your viewing pleasure...

Hmmmm Seems like I've seen that before.

Old 05-29-2009, 03:50 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Black08X, I owe you an apology friend. So, here it is. I'm sorry. I guess I say a lot of things jokingly that don't get taken that way, and that's my fault.

Now....about the tread design.......take a look at the Toyo Open Countyr MT. Like the Firestone, it's surprisingly similar. After some careful thought, I've thought about the new Goodyears here, the Hankooks and one or two more...but I think I am going to go with the Goodyear Duratecs. I've changed my mind so much though, who the hell knows?

Last edited by RedneckJeep; 05-29-2009 at 03:53 AM.

Quick Reply: Goodyear Wrangler Authority A/T