Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Goodyear Wrangler Authority A/T

Old 05-26-2009, 11:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I try to stay away from wal mart because of the way they treat their employees and almost everything is made in china. But one hell of a deal for tires i might just have my friend buy them for me.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:45 AM
JK Freak

i just want to start a fire .....and it works

they will be certainly in my choice when I'm gonna change my tires in 2 or 3 years, they will be tested and we will get some feedback

and for the Goodyear quality, the Eagle RSA that i get with my mazda3 GT was the worst and cheapest tire that i ever had on a car
Old 05-26-2009, 01:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah I've heard all the naysayers about Walmart goods and I imagine some of it must be true. If you sell enough stuff, some of it must turn out to be crap. I had people knock me for the Poulan Wild Thing chainsaw and the WeedEater brand weed whacker I bought there because they were the "low end" models. That was six years ago and both are running great without a drop of maintenance. Plus I buy any boating supplies I can and they're about 1/3 the price of West Marine, Boaters World, etc.. There's a fine line between "you get what you pay for" and plain old "good values." Can't say which category these tires fall into just yet, but I wouldn't shy away from them just because they're sold at Walmart.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Even if it is at Walmart, it is still a Goodyear tire. I would have no problems purchasing them.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:15 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
. As for the Firestone thing, anybody whose been in the tire business 25 or more years knows FIrestone has always been crap. Besides that, it's a bad comparison. Those firestone tires involved in the recall were not only available on vehicles through dealers, but were also sold through Firestone retailers across the country. These Goodyear tires are only available from one source......so far. I agree....chances are they ARE crap, but to condem them without evidence isn't too smart. They may end up to be some good tires.
On a side note, I run Firestone Destination AT's on my Jeep. They have been excellent tires. Twice I have picked up nails and didn't even know it until I had the tires rotated because they never lost an ounce of air even with nails in them. Off road they have been great. In fact while I was out wheeling with a buddy of mine who had the stock Goodyear Wranglers on his X we found that the Firestones got better traction and overall performed better than the Goodyear tires did. He is only running the Goodyears until they wear out and then getting something else becuase frankly they are not good for off roading. Guess those crappy Firestones came through after all.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:11 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Black08X
On a side note, I run Firestone Destination AT's on my Jeep. They have been excellent tires. Twice I have picked up nails and didn't even know it until I had the tires rotated because they never lost an ounce of air even with nails in them. Off road they have been great. In fact while I was out wheeling with a buddy of mine who had the stock Goodyear Wranglers on his X we found that the Firestones got better traction and overall performed better than the Goodyear tires did. He is only running the Goodyears until they wear out and then getting something else becuase frankly they are not good for off roading. Guess those crappy Firestones came through after all.
When you make millions and millions, you're bound to have a few good ones in the bunch. Besides, do you really think comparing Goodyear SRAs and Destination A/Ts is a fair comparison? Tell me, do you have to read this site in braille?
Old 05-27-2009, 02:28 AM
JK Jedi

Good looking tires, like a mild M/T with siping.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

ACTUALLY that crane did not pass inspection and was under order to be removed.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:54 AM
JK Freak

When you make millions and millions, you're bound to have a few good ones in the bunch. Besides, do you really think comparing Goodyear SRAs and Destination A/Ts is a fair comparison? Tell me, do you have to read this site in braille?

I know the Destinations are better than the SRA's but than I wasn't the one around here lumping "all" firestone tires into the crap category. That other guy was right about man, you're pretty much a blowhard jerk that likes to act like you know everything when in reality, you really aren't that bright. Something else I've been wondering about is the fact that you've generated over five thousand posts in fifteen months. I don't think you even have Jeep pal, and if you do you never drive it because obviously you live on this forum.
You and I joined the same month and year and you have 4800 (roughly) more posts than I do. Get a life.

Last edited by Black08X; 05-27-2009 at 06:58 AM.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

in mud they prob are...the A/T doesnt throw mud out and the street tires tread is tight so mud cant get in as easily...i used my stock street tire and did everything an A/T could do

Quick Reply: Goodyear Wrangler Authority A/T