Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Goodyear Wrangler Authority A/T

Old 05-26-2009, 08:39 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Goodyear Wrangler Authority A/T

Was in Wal Mart last night and saw a cool lookin tire on display. I knew I had seen the tread design before, so I got home and looked. Seems it has the same or almost tread as the Toyo M/T tires, but this is an A/T.....or so it says on the side. Anyway, Wal Mart has them in 265 75 16 for 160 bucks. I can't even find um the Goodyear site or Wal Mart's site. They must be real new and probably exclusive to Wal Mart. Of course...the auto department was closed and needless to say no one knew anything. I wouldn't be surprised if non one knows anything when they are open, but I'll try to find out.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it seems that GoodYear just make them for walmart

the only picture i can find

Old 05-26-2009, 09:11 AM
JK Jedi

Yup. That's them.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:25 AM
JK Freak

If it's a "Wal-Mart Only" tire I'd stay far far away from it.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:56 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Black08X
If it's a "Wal-Mart Only" tire I'd stay far far away from it.
I've heard others say that, but seen no evidence to back it up. Fact is, ALL tires have standards that they HAVE to meet. If it's a load range D, it HAS to pass inspection and testing for that tire. I think it's more of a mass quantity kinda thing than anything. A certain company agrees to buy X number of tires and the manufacturer makes um. Simple enough. I've looked for evidence tires like this are inferior and cannot find any whatsoever. If someone else can, I'm all ears.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:23 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
I've heard others say that, but seen no evidence to back it up. Fact is, ALL tires have standards that they HAVE to meet. If it's a load range D, it HAS to pass inspection and testing for that tire.
Yeah, because the government never screws anything up and their testing and inspection standards are the gold seal.

How many American kids got sick from the lead paint in Chinese toys that passed inspection again?

How many American pets died from tainted Chinese pet food that passed inspection?

How many humans got sick from the bad dry wall that passed inspection?

The government inspected this bridge and deemed it safe to travel on.

This crane that collapsed in New York? Inspected, . . . passed.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:30 AM
JK Freak

firestone tire recall on ford pickups in 99-00 ?

http://usgovinfo.about.com/blfirestone.htm
Old 05-26-2009, 10:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Is a good year tire even selling at walmart they are working to keep their brand credibility
Old 05-26-2009, 10:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was waiting on someone to bring it up... beat me to it!
Old 05-26-2009, 11:12 AM
JK Jedi

I give the government credit for not much of anything. Pointing out other instances still produces no evidence whatsoever that these tires are not good. ...and I'm not sayin they are. I'm merely sayin there's no evidence. As for the Firestone thing, anybody whose been in the tire business 25 or more years knows FIrestone has always been crap. Besides that, it's a bad comparison. Those firestone tires involved in the recall were not only available on vehicles through dealers, but were also sold through Firestone retailers across the country. These Goodyear tires are only available from one source......so far. I agree....chances are they ARE crap, but to condem them without evidence isn't too smart. They may end up to be some good tires.

Quick Reply: Goodyear Wrangler Authority A/T