Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Goodyear MT/R's - give me your thoughts

Old 07-26-2011, 09:58 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goodyear MT/R's - give me your thoughts

For those that are running this tire, give me your review of them. I'm looking at getting a set for my Rubicon and was wondering how they are holding up, perform etc etc.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:00 PM
JK Newbie

I have them and have put about 15k miles on them and love them. Mine are 37/12.50/17. They have barely any road noise and I would definately buy them again.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

There are actually quite a few threads on this topic, but they all pretty much say the same thing: these tires are awesome. I have looked through a ton of threads on these tires, since I have a tire purchase in my near future, and the reviews are overwhelmingly positive.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do a search, mine don't stay balanced. Great tires otherwise, but I wish I went with KM2's now or went with another set of STT's.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:57 PM
JK Newbie

I am completely happy with mine so far.....haven't gotten to find out the mileage I can get out of them yet considering they only have a few thousand on them. Other than that worry I am still impressed with the traction, quiet road noise, what seems to be good road wear, sturdiness during low air pressure running and also the self cleaning.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:01 PM
JK Super Freak

I love mine. Great on everything and pretty quiet. They are wearing funny though.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are probably the best tire I've used offroad. I've had the stock BFG MT, Baja Radial Claws, Nitto Mud Grapplers, and now MT/R Kevlars. On the highway they do not stay balanced. IMHO I would skip normal balancing and used dynabeads or airsoft bb's to balance, since they will do a much better job of keeping the tire balanced, as they are not fixed weights. Other than bthat they are quiet and smooth riding.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Very Happy with then in most cases... Ice is a little freaky.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:14 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Excellent off road tire that is also quiet in nomal driving. I own 38's and they balanced with about 6oz of weight per tire.

If your tires won't balance, check your rims out to see if you bent one, or if they were cheap/poorly made. If the problem is your tires, they can be warranty replaced for free as a defect.

Tell me when you warranty the tire(s) for defective construction and post some details because I'd like to see what's wrong with them. Mine are as good or better quality than nearly every tire I have owned to date and they are a 38/14.50-17.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BKGM Jeepers
Excellent off road tire that is also quiet in nomal driving. I own 38's and they balanced with about 6oz of weight per tire.

If your tires won't balance, check your rims out to see if you bent one, or if they were cheap/poorly made. If the problem is your tires, they can be warranty replaced for free as a defect.

Tell me when you warranty the tire(s) for defective construction and post some details because I'd like to see what's wrong with them. Mine are as good or better quality than nearly every tire I have owned to date and they are a 38/14.50-17.
I run mine on Allied Raceline RT233 Monster beadlocks. High quality wheels and there isn't anything wrong with the wheels. I searched around the forum when I couldn't balance mine and it seems like an issue quit a few others have had. I'm breaking mine down to put dynabeads in to see if it works for balancing.

Quick Reply: Goodyear MT/R's - give me your thoughts