Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Good Dealer

Old 10-18-2008, 02:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Good Dealer

With all of the bashing of Dealers here, I thought I would tell you my recent experience with the dealer here.

After a GREAT night of wheeling in the rain, the next day I heard a slight whine coming from the transmission, auto.

I took it to the dealer, didn't wash it, and told them about the problem and when it happened.

The advisor said they needed to test drive it and they would call the next morning with what they found.

About 11am the next morning I called the dealer, since they didn't call me and asked on my Jeep.

She says, "The Jeep is almost ready and you can pick it up this afternoon."

So, knowing that the Jeep was kinda dirty and the whine wasn't that bad, I asked what did they find wrong.

She says, "It looked like you had a good time on the trails and got some sand/mud up into the transmission area. We are cleaning it out now and washing the Jeep for you and we will test drive it soon. After you go out and play, make sure you clean the underside as well as the Jeep to keep it running good."

"Oh, and there isn't any charge for this fix."

I get there and they have all the paperwork done and ready for me.

They bring the Jeep out and I notice that they detailed it inside and out..

The service advisor, looks at me and says, "You are all set and if anything happens don't hestate to bring it in. Also, have you ever thought of putting on a snorkle since you use your Jeep quite a lot on the trails?"

What? A dealer that actually speaks Jeep.... What is the world coming to?

So I ask about voiding the warranty and she says, "No, why would it, unless you totally submerge the engine and hydro-lock it."

Okay, so they know me and I bring them pictures of my wheeling and everyone wants to go nect time and they know I use my Jeep, not to go to the Mall......

You gotta love a real Jeep Dealership......
Old 10-18-2008, 03:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With all the bad rap these dealerships get, it is nice to know there are a few that stand behind the product. I had a similar situation but my prob was the wheels were mud packed causing a bad out of balance. I washed them out but missed a very small spot behind the spoke. Man, it doesnt take much to throw them out. My dealer straightened everything out and no charge as well. Anyway, thats cool how they treated you and glad it wasnt hosed up bad.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

the service department at Reuther's in st louis is beyond compare - they have always treated the customer right - and they are a big supporter of MWJT -

however, while their sales department might be knowledgeable in most aspects of their jeeps, when it comes to making the sales, I am not very happy with them or their finance department - I feel like we were manipulated into buying the JK - and we are just now finding out that what we were told when we bought was completely wrong and if this had come out at the signing, we would never have agreed to those terms.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hell, it sounds like it would be worth the drive from Atlanta!
Looks like you found a keeper!!!
Old 10-18-2008, 01:50 PM
JK Freak

Freedom Dodge/Chrylser/Jeep dealership in Lexington, KY has commented, "Looks like you have fun with your Jeep!" when I've taken it in for check-ups. "That's what matters."

That said, I haven't had any issues with mine yet but they give the strong impression they would have no problems with someone off-roading it. I was told by their warranty guy that lift kits will not void any warranties, and unless they could prove "beyond any doubt" that a kit or mod damaged a part of the Jeep, they would cover it.

Quick Reply: Good Dealer