Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Good bye to Durango & Liberty cut back as well? What will happen to the Wrangler?

Old 10-27-2008, 03:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Durango has been around since '98 and the Liberty since '02.[/QUOTE]

And........................
Old 10-27-2008, 03:11 PM
JK Super Freak

[QUOTE=putnam dan;759235]Nothing is ever totally safe. Once the profit margins go the product is dead, and no matter how much we like the Jeeps those who use the vehicles as intended are no longer the core market.

I'll bet there are more people off roading Jeeps now then 20 yrs. ago.
They may not be at a higher percentage (core market) compared to people who buy it because it is cool and a convertible.

I like that the windshield folds down, but if it didn't I wouldn't loose sleep over it, I would still have bought it.

I think it will be here for a long time.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can count the Nitro as gone... The Liberty will remain, it's still popular among women (over 60% are purchased or driven daily by the ladies).

Both the Durango and it's upscale sister (Aspen) will be discontinued. Neither one is selling well. Hell, they're discounting Aspens to the tune of almost 40% below MSRP and they still can't get them off dealer lots.

Nissan can't sell Armadas either. Last month, their incentive was buy an Armada, get a new Versa for free. All vehicles come with a spare tire. Armadas come with a spare car.

My regards,

Widewing
Old 10-30-2008, 02:22 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Widewing
You can count the Nitro as gone...
Widewing
Praise God from whom all blessings flow. That Nitro was one FUGLY turd.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
Praise God from whom all blessings flow. That Nitro was one FUGLY turd.
I thought the Nitro was ok looking, but I won't be loosing any sleep in it's absence.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:39 PM
JK Newbie

Don't remember the exact sales numbers, but I read an online article recently about this very thing.. seems sales of the Wrangler are not the healthiest, but it is selling better than other Chrysler brands. Plus, just like JeepinMass said.. the article basically said the Wrangler IS Jeep, and doesn't appear to be going anywhere.. for now anyway. I honestly can't see anything happening to the Jeep brand through all the turmoil with Chrysler, GM, Nissan, Renault, etc.. Jeep is an American icon, and I think they know it.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:12 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike's Totally Free Jeep News is reporting that a deal should be done by election day. They want to get it going so that they can take advantage of the downtime in December. Convenient for them, not so much for the thousands of families affected. The report also lists that only seven core models are likely to survive: Ram, Caravan, Town & Country, Charger, Caliber, Wrangler, and Grand Cherokee
Old 11-02-2008, 10:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wranglers may not be selling like hot cakes but they are all that chrysler has of any value. The employees should buy jeep and just build the wrangler and various derivatives, none of the other jeep models belong there. We should be able to get a mahindra jeep pretty soon the way things are shaping up.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JeepinMass
The public has known about the liberty and durango for a year now. Nothing will happen to the wrangler, ever. The wrangler IS jeep. Just like the corvette IS chevy. Plenty of people are still buying Wranglers. My dealer can't keep them on the lot.
Hey bud what's funny is we pulled into a dealership (not mine) this weekend, parked out back looking at a white 4-dr Rubi, sales person walks up and says just knock of $3k we can't sell the damn things.....we walked up front looking at a hulk green 4-dr Rubi and the young eager beaver salesman walks up and says better jump on this deal because we can't keep them on the lot. We humbled him of course and poor lil fellar was a little embarassed but it's still funny dealerships talk like Wranglers are off the hook in demand
Old 11-05-2008, 01:24 PM
JK Newbie

I was at my local dealer looking at their 09s and had 3 separate salesmen come up to me and proclaim themselves to be the dealerships "jeep expert" within 20 minutes

Quick Reply: Good bye to Durango & Liberty cut back as well? What will happen to the Wrangler?