Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Good bye to Durango & Liberty cut back as well? What will happen to the Wrangler?

Old 10-25-2008, 05:15 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeyfl
i got my 08. im good for a couple decades.
My feelings exactly! Great point.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JeepinMass
The public has known about the liberty and durango for a year now. Nothing will happen to the wrangler, ever. The wrangler IS jeep. Just like the corvette IS chevy. Plenty of people are still buying Wranglers. My dealer can't keep them on the lot.
I would not agree with you on "nothing will happen to the wrangler, ever" comment. I used to think that about the CJs back in the 80's and look what happened. Everyone knows Chrysler is struggling and the constant news of mergers and buy outs has all models at a risk.
Old 10-26-2008, 03:12 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by MD_Rubi
I would not agree with you on "nothing will happen to the wrangler, ever" comment. I used to think that about the CJs back in the 80's and look what happened.
Yeah, they improved upon it with the YJ, TJ, and now JK.
Old 10-26-2008, 04:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

The wrangler has a good enough following that I don't think it will go away anytime soon. Unless it becomes too much of a mall crawler then it will start to fade( some say this already about the JK but I disagree after owning 1) If they make it IFS I will never buy it!
Old 10-26-2008, 08:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jdiddy145
The wrangler has a good enough following that I don't think it will go away anytime soon. Unless it becomes too much of a mall crawler then it will start to fade( some say this already about the JK but I disagree after owning 1) If they make it IFS I will never buy it!
Seems like the stock JK jeep is the toughest Jeep to roll out of the factory to date. The engine may be wired to be more fuel efficent but the overall build would seem to be the strongest lineup yet.

Anybody disagree?
Old 10-27-2008, 08:31 AM
JK Super Freak

There are not many vehicles in anyones line up that can keep the same body style for a decade at a time. And when they finally do change, people complain.So think of the savings it must be to not have to re-tool on a vehicle but once every 10/12 yrs.

It's not gonna go anywhere.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:57 AM
Kes
JK Enthusiast

Even in this economy and with the GM thingy looming, I don't see anyone getting rid of something that has preformed so well for so long. Change it, yes, just like they have been for the last 50 years, but get rid of it? No.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JeepinMass
The public has known about the liberty and durango for a year now. Nothing will happen to the wrangler, ever. The wrangler IS jeep. Just like the corvette IS chevy. Plenty of people are still buying Wranglers. My dealer can't keep them on the lot.

The Durango has been around since '98 and the Liberty since '02.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:17 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I say good riddance to the Durango. Minivan lookin piece of crap.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

The wrangler is a safe bet, to stay. People love the wrangler

Quick Reply: Good bye to Durango & Liberty cut back as well? What will happen to the Wrangler?