Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Good buy JK FORUM

Old 07-17-2011, 06:28 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hell, mines 2wd most of the time, I keep my front ds out unless I go wheel.
Even then, my detroit in the rear kicks ass so I don't really NEED 4wd for the trails around here. I say collect parts over time to do the conversion. Hell, thats what I did for my lift, only took me 4yrs to get a complete kit under it.
In the meantime enjoy the other cool things about it,doorless,topless, etc.
You don't have to be in a race with anyone for mods or to get it 4wd. And bold faced tell anyone that who gives you any crap.
Whatever you decide, wish you the best.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drive to Florida with the top down and a for sale sign.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cultivated
You guys saying put a winch on it must have never wheeled a 2wd once the front sinks in your done(dirt, mud, sand whatever) it acts like wheel chocks, the less weight in the front the better. And you can forget about climbing over a rock or log. I say ditch that jeep as fast as you can.
Have you ever wheeled in this wonderful Alabama red clay? 4wd won't help just digs you deeper! It's slicker than owl shit and stickier than super glue. It's not like we have the Rockies here. Logs maybe but a winch will snatch that out of the way. No desert dunes so maybe a little mud and slight hills.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:40 PM
JK Freak

Seems like so many leaving lately
Old 07-17-2011, 06:54 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jjntj2003
Have you ever wheeled in this wonderful Alabama red clay? 4wd won't help just digs you deeper! It's slicker than owl shit and stickier than super glue. It's not like we have the Rockies here. Logs maybe but a winch will snatch that out of the way. No desert dunes so maybe a little mud and slight hills.
We have the same clay in the Carolinas, You have a lot better chance with 4x4. When i was in 10th grade i drove a 4cyl 5 speed 2wd xj we had, i took it offroad a couple times and got it stuck on FLAT ground, it was on red clay that was a little soft. The front tires where only about 3" or 4" sunk in and both rears where turning so a locker wouldn't have helped. It was pretty lame. It did do pretty good in the dry stuff though but that wasn't much fun.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:43 PM
JK Newbie

Lived in TX as a kid. Dad had a CJ5 and did a LOT of time in the deserts of what was then outside of El Paso, probably now in the city limits... In any case, he only put it into 4WD on a few occasions in a few years... Just saying...

Paul
Old 07-17-2011, 10:05 PM
JK Super Freak

At your age I would sell the 2wd JK and buy an older TJ or YJ and learn to work on it. For the price you might even find one with a mild lift. Then you won't be so worried about banging it up while wheeling.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:09 PM
Vic
JK Enthusiast

Dont give up brother I always belived there is an answered to all .

Theres people out there that would buy your jeep and you can get you a 4wd
Old 07-18-2011, 02:37 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I had to guess I bet 80% of people who buy a Jeep (or any 4 wheel drive vehicle) never use their 4x4. I would also bet that a lot of these Rubicons you see driving around are never used off road...it's just a status symbol.

Old 07-18-2011, 03:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your only 18, you'll buy a JK someday when you have steady employment and can afford to buy what you want. Be thankful your pops bought you a 2wd JK and not a civic. Have fun in the vette.

Quick Reply: Good buy JK FORUM